Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weird Is200 Radio Problem Iso Related

On my friend's IS200,it seems that the new headunit is always powered live.

I have fitted an amp by-pass lead,same as what I have in my GS300,however on his car,even with the ignition live off,the unit always has power and the only way to turn the power of to the unit is to disconnect the by-pass lead each time he turns the car off.

I am right in saying that the yellow wire on the ISO is the permanent live,which keeps power to let it store memory etc,and the red is only live upon ignition?

It's got me baffled.

On a side note,his clock is now always illuminated now aswell,it never turns of,and he is having some Battery drainage issues at times

I am right in saying that the yellow wire on the ISO is the permanent live,which keeps power to let it store memory etc,and the red is only live upon ignition?

I believe that is correct, but you could try swapping them over to see if you then get the desired result.

On a side note,his clock is now always illuminated now aswell,it never turns of,and he is having some battery drainage issues at times

Are you sure you haven't tapped off the clock for the illumination feed to the ISO connector but connected it to the remote power out of the stereo instead, or maybe the antenna feed of the stereo?

I have fitted an amp by-pass lead,same as what I have in my GS300,however on his car,even with the ignition live off,the unit always has power and the only way to turn the power of to the unit is to disconnect the by-pass lead each time he turns the car off.

I also had this problem, i found on my by-pass lead that both the permenant & ignition feed went to the same connector at the stereo side of the harness, making my stereo live at all times, i cut the permenant wire & rann that direct to the stereo connector (hope this makes sense!!)

It's got me baffled.

On a side note,his clock is now always illuminated now aswell,it never turns of,and he is having some Battery drainage issues at times

Cant help with the clock thing, i dont think i had this problem.

Man i had this problem and went through 2 batterys in 3weeks and my clock stayed on all the time also, i got my kit from autoleads so i phoned them and they didnt have a clue what i was going on about so i just removed it which was a shame. If anyone has got any idea it would be appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links