Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Seat Switch Light

I'm finally getting round to sorting the little problems I have with my IS200 and the last one to tackle is one of the heated seat switches. It illuminates when it is pushed in but not when it is just in standby and the lights are on, but the switch next to it is illuminated. Does anybody know the part number for a replacement or a compatible? I was previously told it is a T3, T4 or T5 wedge bulb or something similar but never which one it is and I never seem to find time to go fiddling with it myself.

If anyone else has had this and sorted it any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

The bulbs are just 12volt 3mm grain of wheat bulbs available off eBay for pennies, nothing special about them - eg eBay item number 400078371958

Just take the bulb holders out of the switches (I think they take a 1/4 turn and then they pull out - you may need some small pliers or similar to help lever them out - but they don't require much force so don't pull too hard!). You can then unwrap the legs of the existing bulbs from the holder, and fit a new one, trimming the legs to suit. The Lexus workshop manuals actually suggest replacing whole switches to rectify blown bulbs!, but this is definitely not necessary!

The bulbs are available from places like maplins, and at dealers, but it is far, far cheaper just to buy a bag of 50 or so off eBay! And that way, when the other illumination bulbs go (which they inevitably will start doing once one does!) you'll have plenty in stock. You'll probably pay about as much for a bag off eBay as you would for 1 or 2 from maplins - and that's not to knock maplins as I do use them now and again!

Thanks a lot both of you for the help, I can finally sort that annoying little problem out (I'm a perfectionist and little things bug me haha). Thanks a lot

there are two bulbs in the switch. the plastic bit on the ends of the bulbs for locking them into place are different to each other. if u buy a universal fitting bulb, i don't think it will lock into place.

i suppose u could take the new bulbs out of their holders and put them in your old ones, being careful not to damage them.

Yeah I'm going to try fitting a new bulb in place of the old one using the original holder. It's only for when the lights are on, not for when the heated seat is in use. Purely cosmetics cause I'm a fussy sod haha! Thanks guys

Yeah I'm going to try fitting a new bulb in place of the old one using the original holder. It's only for when the lights are on, not for when the heated seat is in use. Purely cosmetics cause I'm a fussy sod haha! Thanks guys

yeah i am the same but i bought 3 bulbs off lexus main dealer.

the price of these 3 bulbs was a whopping 22euro.

next time i'll be taking the cheaper option.