Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

K & N Air filter

I have recieved an email today from K & N Air Filters regarding a replacement air filter element for the standard IS200 (GXE10)

According to them they expect to release one around 3-6 Months time

There is no info on price at the present time

If K & N do a 57i kit for my Lexus I will extract my wallet swiftly....had one on my 4*4 2.9 Sierra ....glorious induction noise and a few more gee gees...well worth the dosh..

-----------------------------------------------

IS200 SE SatNav.......bog standard

Hi all,

I have asked my local dealer about air filters in a lexus is 200. He said, that they all won't do much as the car is equipped with a diagnostic system, which corrects any changes to the environment of hte engine. So the dealer said that any changes like air filters etc..won't add power to my car and leaves only some changes to the sound of the engine. The car will be louder but sportier. However as HP is concerned nothing will change....

Please correct me if I am mistaken...

cheers

My personal belief is that a replacement filter won't do much at all. Just to the sound. It will sound more throaty. But it's not worth 50 - 100 EUROS.

On the other hand I'm split as to if an intake like this,

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/is_300/intake.htm

would give some more power. Rodmillen has this one for the IS300 and they say it will give 225 bhp (+ 10bhp). It does on the one hand look more serious.

On the other hand it could be a sales stunt. The IS300 should have the same adaptive ECU as the IS200 where more air will be de-compensated as weltmeister says.

If you are paying that much it should work for certain. A simple replacement won't work but this one I don't know?

[Edited on 11-4-2002 by George]

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links