Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Control Alarm/ Lock

Iim posting for someone which got a 2006 IS250 Auto, the remote lock system simply didnt lock when he parked the car on driveway so tried the spare key pad still didnt lock so tried to reverse park the car instead & guess what? the remote lock works!!! could it be something to do with the electricity box(whatever its called) thats located right next to the drive way? that interferes with the car's ecu?? by reverse parking the car its further away from that damm electricity box....any clues ??

If you do a search on this forum you will find quite a few people have had inteference problems like this. Caused by some form of radio signal inteference from radio masts, phone masts, wireless door bells, wireless broadband etc.

Funnily enough I parked at the Trafford Centre on Friday ( Manchester ) by Debenhams and I couldn't lock my car and couldn't start it either :( Lots of people have had problems there in different make cars. Eventually by putting the key close to the starter button I got it started and moved it to the othe end by John Lewis and it locked and started just fine.

Only solution for your friend is to track what is causing it and get the frequency changed if that's possible or lock it with the key and start it with the key by the start button. Normally with domestic inerference parking the car the other way round or moving it slightly will work - but not ideal.

Sorry didnt think of search, thanks that clears things up abit, its my dads car lol, the only thing is to reverse park the car or park it further as we got a big drive way anyway but the car starts fine though & it locks ok everywhere else even tried parking down the street &locking it.