Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is-f Rear End Conversion - Full Photo Guide

Hey everyone, Someone recently scraped my IS250's rear bumper in a car park and broke the reflector.

As I had no details on who did it, making a insurance claim wasnt the route i wanted to go down. So I decided to just get it sorted myself.

Since i was going to be spending money on the repair, I decided to embark on a project to try and do an IS-F rear conversion, and I am happy to say I have successfully completed the project and all installation photos are provided in this thread.

Before I proceed with the details, I'd like to say that I know there are some people who do not like the idea and think of it as posing. I personally don't think it is, but to each his own. There are many people out there who genuinely like the look of the stacked ISF tips. I am one of them and because of this i wanted to do this mod. not because i want to look like an ISF or want people to think i got an ISF. It would however be crossing the line and posing if it was de-badged and badged with ISF emblems etc... I'm absolutely happy with my IS250 emblem without the need to disguise it as an ISF or anything else.

But like i said to each his own...

The total cost of this project including the charges for painting the bumper at a bodyshop was £650. The parts here in the UK are way too expensive. So I purchased everything except the bumper from Lexus Japan and hence made quite a saving.

I previously had a Tom's Rear Lip on the rear bumper which I will be auctioning on eBay shortly.

Here are the pictures and details from start to finish.

Note: In the pictures it may look like the bumper colour is not 100% match but it is actually 99.9% matching. It's just the weather yesterday didnt help the Iphone photos

Test fitting to make sure bumper will fit before placing order for the most expensive parts.

a01_zps58c7d1bd.jpg

a02_zpsd5083d6f.jpg

a03_zpsb7e11f0f.jpg

The OEM IS-F Tips and Reflectors:
tips_zps40499df0.jpg

reflectors_zps79f42430.jpg

Painted IS-F bumper with one of the tips installed
001_zpscc2a0e95.jpg

002_zpsf35bbf61.jpg

003_zps67d7c4e3.jpg

This is how it looks once OEM bumper is removed

006_zpsc1bad2e6.jpg

OEM Exhaust Tip Removed

007_zps9ad30bd2.jpg

Tailpipe has to be cut short, this is how long it is:

008_zps1a92b044.jpg

And this is how short it is after cutting

009_zpsba9921f2.jpg

010_zpsffe2844f.jpg

And here comes the IS-F bumper and all photos: biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

011_zps4548947c.jpg

012_zps0606c774.jpg

013_zps583108bc.jpg

014_zpsbcaf222b.jpg

015_zps60108b4f.jpg

016_zpsa7654d83.jpg

017_zpsdd5ac6bd.jpg

• Like 1

That looks fantastic, I'm with you, it's a great bodykit so why not fit it to a normal IS250?

Really surprised at the cost though, that's very reasonable indeed. Are you going to do the same with the front? Can that be replaced as easily or are the front wings different?

That looks fantastic, I'm with you, it's a great bodykit so why not fit it to a normal IS250?

Really surprised at the cost though, that's very reasonable indeed. Are you going to do the same with the front? Can that be replaced as easily or are the front wings different?

The IS-F and the ISX50 have identical rears so most rear parts bolt straight on considering all mounting brackets and things are added. But the front is wider.

I am considering doing the front at a later stage but this requires bumper, grills, fogs, hood, fenders and side skirts to all be replaced.

Looks a good mod, the colour does look differemt though :) When the boot is open is it meant to be silver and black round the boot seal like that ( mine is black so doesn't look like this )?

its meant to be the way it is in my photo :) that is how my oem bumper was.

oh and yes the colour does look off for some weired reason in the photos but when you look at it in real life its almost 99.9% match. The weather was quite bad yesterday during the install and plus the Iphone pics look like its reflecting light somehow. Oh and plus the bumper is new and polished and the car still needs to be polished :)

very nice, do you have a link for lexus japan?? incase i ever need parts

I didnt get it through them directly. I'm not too sure if they ship internationally for retail customers. I got it through a contact in Japan

Hi there ahmed i love the IS-F bumper look was always thinking about doing this to my IS250. I have got some questions I need you to please answer if possible.

1.Did the IS-F bumper just fit to the IS250 or did you have to make adjustments?

2. If you was to maybe add a F-Sport exhaust system will you be able to attach it to the OEM IS-F tips?

3.Did the parking sensor need to be rewired?

sorry for the delay in posting more photos, i've just been quite busy with other mods and havent got round to it yet. Will try and take pics after my car is washed this weekend (if weather is good)

lexus0000, in reply to your questions:

1) The IS-F rear bumper is a direct fit on the IS250, 220 and 350. I'm not too sure about the facelifted 09 models though. I know for sure that the facelifted 09 models have slightly different size front bumper.

2) You can add the F-Sport exhaust system with no problem

3) You do not need to do anything extra with the parking sensors, you just directly swap them out from your old bumper. You must make sure you order the correct version of the bumper though. IS-F bumper comes either with holes for parking sensors or without holes. Depending on whether your car has parking sensors, you need to order the correct version. Both are exactly same price

Hope that helps

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there ahmed did you buy the IS-F rear bumper at a Lexus main dealer? If so how much did it cost?

Maybe I'm a bit perverse but it's got me thinking of buying an IS-F and fitting a 250 rear bumper with exhaust outlets that are actually connected to the system :whistling:

Maybe I'm a bit perverse but it's got me thinking of buying an IS-F and fitting a 250 rear bumper with exhaust outlets that are actually connected to the system :whistling:

is-f does have two tailpipes on each side on the exhaust system itself. the only thing is that the chrome tips arnt bolted or compressed onto the the exhaust system because the tips are attached to the bumper and if they were connected directly to the exhaust tailpipes the heat produced will burn the crap out of the bumper. secondly an exhaust system needs to have room to shake around and the design of the IS-F tips are in such a way that if they connected the tailpipes to the tips then the bumper will also give in.

i personally think its a good thing that lexus have left the actual exhaust tailpipes inside without letting it touch the tips. many other car makers are doing it including the new BMW 7 series, honda's civic etc... when a tip has to be embeded into the bumper design, then i dont think they can make the tailpipes touch, as heat will transfer.

the biggest advantage i see is that those nice looking chrome tailpipes will never become rotton in carbon and look goldy/blackish that the stock ones become in a couple of weeks

is-f does have two tailpipes on each side on the exhaust system itself. the only thing is that the chrome tips arnt bolted or compressed onto the the exhaust system because the tips are attached to the bumper and if they were connected directly to the exhaust tailpipes the heat produced will burn the crap out of the bumper. secondly an exhaust system needs to have room to shake around and the design of the IS-F tips are in such a way that if they connected the tailpipes to the tips then the bumper will also give in.

i personally think its a good thing that lexus have left the actual exhaust tailpipes inside without letting it touch the tips. many other car makers are doing it including the new BMW 7 series, honda's civic etc... when a tip has to be embeded into the bumper design, then i dont think they can make the tailpipes touch, as heat will transfer.

the biggest advantage i see is that those nice looking chrome tailpipes will never become rotton in carbon and look goldy/blackish that the stock ones become in a couple of weeks. Would need a custom stainless steel system though.

Yes I'm aware of all that. I've never like the stacked dummy outlets on the IS-F but fitting the 250 bumper, or better still the aftermarket Wald bumper for twin horizontal pipes would be an option http://www.silviaparts.com/body-kits/lexus...0-is350/17/wald . Until this post, I wasn't aware they would be a straight swop.

• 3 months later...