Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pick Her Up On Wednesday!

hoopdehoop

Hi all,

Just a post to say I will be joining you guys in owning a Lexus IS200 this week. This looks to be a good forum and is regulary updated im sure you will help a n00b like me out in the future. I have already printed out k33rjd's brief instructions for checking the cambelt as thats the first thing on my to-do list.

Me and the missus went out looking for cars with a 3-series or A4 in mind, but for our budget they were all really high milers. Stumbled across the Lexus dealer in Bristol who had a mint 2004 IS200 Auto LE on the forecourt with only 34K miles on the clock :msn-oh: Its a bit older than we had liked but couldn't walk away from it and several people already showed an interest, its spotless. One owner who garaged it and full lexus service history, will also be fully MOT'd and taxed for 5 months. Isnt costing any more to insure and I don't do many miles (6K a year) so will only have to stump up a little extra in fuel. Bargain.

Trading in our 2003 Seat Leon TDi for it which has been a good motor but moving up in the world :-)

Catch you soon

Hoopdehoop

np Rich, we paid ~8500. Possibly a tad much but thats cuz its main stealer I guess, got a few hundred off the asking price and got what we were after for the part ex so no complaints. Comes with some sort of warranty period aswell I think so not bad.

Woohoo!

I picked up my IS yesterday afternoon, all I can say is wow. The most smooth and silent car I have ever sat in. I also didnt notice all the additional toys on the test drive, like folding mirrors and auto headlights etc. Im well chuffed. Service at Lexus Bristol was supurb.

Catch you soon

Hoops