Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Left My Car At Service Today...

It has so many "small problems" that need to be addressed. *sigh*

Don't know if it's normal to have so many problems with a brand new 2009 IS250 sport. Or it just bad luck?

Anyway, here are the problems...

1, Fluttering noise in the cabin when step on the gas. Most noticeable around 2000 - 3000 rpm before next gear kicks in. Sounds almost like a bit paper stuck in a wind tunnel and apears on the passenger side. :blink: The cabin is not as quiet as before anymore, sometime I start to think that I have a 220D and not 250. :lol:

2, Viberation noise from inner rear mirror. Problem is with the whole thing, as it constantly make noise, doesn't matter how you adjust it. Really annoying! :angry:

3, When turning with blinker switched on it make some clicking noise ( NOT the normal blinker klcik) from the steering wheel. Sound almost like some cable is loose in side...

4, The power telescope/tilt steering wheel hit the brake pedal (pretty hard sometimes) and make the clunk noise when start the car. Strangely it doesn't do this if the steering lock is on. :blink:

5, Squeaky driver seat.

6, Rattles everywhere in the cabin when the car is warmed up. Specially the frame around the SatNav. Clicking noise from behind when driving on rough road. Sounds like when you hit the table with your hand and with the ring on your finger. :blink:

7, All of sudden the wing mirrors doesn't tilt as much in reverse as when the car is new (3 month old) so I can see the curb. also, the mirror at passenger side doesn't tilt as much as driver side.

8, A gap between the head light housing and the bumper om drivers side. No gap on passenger side. Found this when I washed the car...

9, A gap beside the start button. Larger than normal (compared it with other 250 at dealership).

10, The front passenger door closes very hard. The frame above the window can bounce a bit when close the door normally. Drivers door closes little bit hard too, but not as hard as the passenger door. Definately nowhere near to the solid feel as the demo car in the showroom which I love.

11, Squeaky brake. Sounds like open an un-oiled old door in the morgning.

What's up with the Lexus quality control? This cannot be the L-finesse Lexus is so proud of? Anyone else have any of the problem listed above? Anyone experience so many problems with their brand new car?

Will keep you updated.

Over and out!

No comments? I must be very unlucky than... :lol::blink::yawn::huh::crybaby:

oh deer

what more can anyone say

except the comment sounds like i bought a 220 rather than a 250 ???

same car same interior diffrent engine and Manual not auto box.

gap around start stop button ? sounds like you really wanted a Bentley for lexus money

wait for it :whistling:

sound like you bought a car built on a friday when everyone wanted to go home early so it was rushed............

my is220d has a few minor issues like yours, squeaky seat, dash click every so often etc.

thought the is250 was supposed to be far superior according to this forum but it appears possibly not?

gap around start stop button ? sounds like you really wanted a Bentley for lexus money

wait for it :whistling:

Now you are funny. B) I think you will be quiet when you seen the gap. :lol:

I acctually had these problem just after few weeks after the delivery and I though I could live with these flaws but I'm wrong. I just couldn't stand it any longer.

This car cost me around £37k and it is promoted as a quiet, comfortable and sporty luxery car (thats why I bought it. I love this car!). I certainly didn't expect this kind of flaws only in 2½ month of ownership. To me these small problems can be easily addressed before it leaves the factory. Many of these problems has been found on 06-08 250s and I though they have been fixed on 09 250s. There are TSBs for almost all these problems. Thats something really annoys me.

Lets see what service techs can do about it.

sound like you bought a car built on a friday when everyone wanted to go home early so it was rushed............

my is220d has a few minor issues like yours, squeaky seat, dash click every so often etc.

thought the is250 was supposed to be far superior according to this forum but it appears possibly not?

apparently not. Not for me anyway. I shouldn't be forced to crank up my stereo and pretend its all good! :lol:

By the way, whe the rattles started in the beganing while I have music on. I almost though I blowed my speakers at Vol 18! :lol:

apparently not. Not for me anyway. I shouldn't be forced to crank up my stereo and pretend its all good! :lol:

By the way, whe the rattles started in the beganing while I have music on. I almost though I blowed my speakers at Vol 18! :lol:

exactly, with the money you paid for the car I agree it should be right, turning up the stereo shouldn't be necessary...

i am a lucky ish 220D owners as the only annoying bit it the squeeky seat which there is a simple fix for but i havent got round to doing it yet. cant be bothered to be without the car for a week whilst its at lexus for them to prob send it back the same...lol

exactly, with the money you paid for the car I agree it should be right, turning up the stereo shouldn't be necessary...

i am a lucky ish 220D owners as the only annoying bit it the squeeky seat which there is a simple fix for but i havent got round to doing it yet. cant be bothered to be without the car for a week whilst its at lexus for them to prob send it back the same...lol

well changed my mind and rang lexus..........booked in friday, told will take half and hour to fix....proper helpful dealers... Lexus Hull

That is a very unusual list of problems, I've not seen one that big before! I agree that it's not acceptable, especially when 99% of the cars are pretty much perfect. Having said that, the rattles do appear to be quite a common trait of the early cars, less so of the later ones but still appears to be an issue. The courtesy cars I've had have never had any rattles, but enough people complain about them to suggest there is a fundamental problem there.

Hope you get it all sorted asap :)

Sorry to hear of your long list, this is unusual on a 2009 car, are you sure you have the later model and not an earlier one that's sat around somewhere?

Not sure how you managed to pay nearly £37k for a car even if you spec'd it right up, did you not get any discount?

While you are checking see if the paing is getting damaged on the bumper when you close the boot, if it is then I think you have a full set :(

Sorry to hear of your long list, this is unusual on a 2009 car, are you sure you have the later model and not an earlier one that's sat around somewhere?

Not sure how you managed to pay nearly £37k for a car even if you spec'd it right up, did you not get any discount?

If it's an IS250 Sport, then it has to be the older model as there is no facelifted Sport (until the F-Sport arrives).

Price does seem a bit on the high side though - but if it's an auto, with MM and has the bodykit fitted, could that stretch to £37k? :unsure:

Now you are funny. B) I think you will be quiet when you seen the gap. :lol:

Sorry mate only Joking

just keep taking it back untill it is sorted if they are a good dealer they will want to get it sorted

with the way things are out there they dont want to lose custom

I must be like the other post on here i have a 220d which is quite inside just od noise by centre dash speaker but i sorted with small foam part

also it has never missed a beat no failed injectors just the usual recalls

and i am booked in for my 40K service next Tuesday at Lexus Birmingham

i purchased the lexus Extended warranty in January this year, as my car was 3 years

old in Jan, and so far i feel i have wasted £68 per month, The only Warranty job i have asked them to do

is the Drivers side mirror glass, it is marked. imagine how many glasses i could buy with

the £68 a month i wasted :whistling: I only purchased it because of all the scare stories surrounding the

220d on this SITE !!!!

Next time i will trust my own judgement

Good luck mate i hope you get it all sorted

just one last gag

do you say MIND THE GAP sorry just had to say it

Matt

My passenger side mirror was replaced at about 6 months for exactly the same prob. Think it cost around £400 but was covered by warranty. Think that is a known prob. Go get them to sort your car out.

Good news!

Collected the car after work. The tech worked whole day with the car and managed to fix the most of the problems I have on the list. He left 5, 8, 10, 11 undone as he think they are with in tolerance. hmm... Anyway, I'm very happy about the rest of problem are solved! As they are most irritating! :lol:

I'm from Sweden and the Swedish price sucks! :lol: The car is a fully loaded 2009 face lifted 250 sport made in May/June (Auto, ML, Sat Nav, heat/cool leather seat, Metallic paint, 18" "lobster" wheels, moon roof). The price also include a set of 18" X-sport wheels with studded Nokia winter tire and a professional paint treatment. I'm quite happy with it.

PS, The only thing that looks pre-09 is the moon roof control. I got this dial control (which I like!) instead of the 09 button style I saw from the pictures on the internet...

BTW, Thanks for the comments guys! Now I can enjoy my car again! :lol:

That's good progress in a day :)

Keep us updated on how toy get on as a couple of the other faults should not be left untouched.

Yeah, the tech did a pretty good job. Been told that he reassembled whole center console and isolate everything there, the panels under the steering colum, wing mirrors, inner rearview mirror etc. He also lubed some linkage joins/sleeves in the rear to get away the click noise (nr. 6)... Strange that you need to do this on a brand new car. :blink:

Comments from the service rep on the untouched faults (quite entertaining :) ):

5, Squeaky driver seat.

- This is because I have full leather seats. And leather will make noise due to it's nature. :blink: ( Speechless. Almost make me feel stupid for a sec. duhh... :lol: )

8, A gap between the head light housing and the bumper om drivers side.

- Due to the shape of the plastic bumper it cannot be tightened further and it's normal that it can be a gap on the bumper. (No gap on other 250s they have. Think he left it untouch either because too much work involved to reassemble the bumper or to avoid to replace a missshaped bumper. Not sure there. )

10, The front passenger door closes very hard.

- He said I must be closing the door harder than he does (Which I'm not), as he think it's normal. And due to the safty reason the door will not be adjusted. ( Compared this with the dealer CEOs own brand new 250 and after he tried he acctually noticed this as well. and mentioned that the door maybe can be adjusted. hmm... :lol: )

11, Squeaky brake. Sounds like open an un-oiled old door in the morgning.

- It's normal. Brake hard in the morgning and it will be fine for rest of the day. ( I LOL:ed :lol: )

Anyway, I'm happy that the rest of the problems are fixed within same day (driving around in a RX400H makes me feel 10 years older :lol: ). I really cannot stand all the noise the car makes when driving on rough motorway. Lets see how the untouched problems develop. If it they not getting worse I'll leave them.

:hehe:

That's quite a decent result there, hopefully those fixes last but agree that the excuses for the things they left out sound a bit bizarre - I'd keep pushing them until they sort those out as well. Especially the front bumper, if it needs a new one make sure they replace it!

Sorry didn't realise you were in Sweden, when it said upnorth I thought it meant still in the UK! Yes please get some pics up as it would be cool to see what the euro Sport looks like :)

well been to lexus yesterday, seat fixed in ten minutes, very helpful they were and no questions asked at all, all under warranty.

4, The power telescope/tilt steering wheel hit the brake pedal (pretty hard sometimes) and make the clunk noise when start the car. Strangely it doesn't do this if the steering lock is on. :blink:

WHAT THE F@#&??? sounds like your car was made at a russian yugo factory by mistake!

A video clip of this happening would be useful to see what you actually mean

well been to lexus yesterday, seat fixed in ten minutes, very helpful they were and no questions asked at all, all under warranty.

Thats great!

Do you know what cause this and how they fixed it? A 10 min fix sound like easy stuff. Maybe I can do it myself... :whistling:

well changed my mind and rang lexus..........booked in friday, told will take half and hour to fix....proper helpful dealers... Lexus Hull

Read the dealer reviews for Lexus Hull

Thats great!

Do you know what cause this and how they fixed it? A 10 min fix sound like easy stuff. Maybe I can do it myself... :whistling:

its something to do with seat pins left in during the manufaturing process which are not actually needed in the seat...if its under warranty they should do it for free if not there is a post on this site somewhere which tells you how to do it.

Read the dealer reviews for Lexus Hull

good reviews i think.....but...so do 'lexus sheffield' and 10 weeks ago i gave them my personal details and asked them to find me a lexus. they still havent called me back despite me calling them every week for the first four weeks...........at the end of the first month of waiting the manager who was supposed to be sorting it out went on holiday and didn't ask anyone to continue look for a car for me!!!!! it was only when i rang up they 'found' my details and assured me they would find a car asap and call me.

i gave them price range, colour and left the rest to them................

still no call.......

i have since bought a lexus from an independant dealer and have had it three weeks now, and, you guessed it lexus sheffield still havent called me to say they havent or have found me a car...

personally wouldn't recommend Lexus Sheffield to anyone due to my experience with them

Lexus HULL all the way for me....excelelnt service etc

You must have caught them on a bad day, at least that's the conclusion I came to regarding some of the dealers I visited, I've had similar experiences to yours at Sheffield. You read all the Lexus publicity, J D Power etc, and your expectations are raised. It's then doubly disappointing when you are treated poorly. Fortunately there are some good dealers around you just have to weedle them out.