Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Friend Of Mine Gave Me An Unused 1g-fe

Hello. I was just given a not entirely complete 1G-FE engine that now sits in my garage. I'm not sure what to do with it but it feels god to have a backup in case something breaks down in my engine.

Until then, though, If any of you would like to know what your engine blocks look like from any angle or if you want closeups of the oil plug, oil filter or whatever, please let me know and I'll take pictures of it :) Cheers

dsc7593fixframe.jpg

question is whats he replaced it with?!

Unfortunately he sold his IS200 a few years ago, but he's got a lovely white IS-F :)

The engine was used for educational purposes at Toyota Sweden. It hasn't been started, only disassembled and reassembled again.

Blimey thats a right touch..totaly brand new then. :D ....how about you save some money up and get forged internals etc ( do it as a project ) and turbo it or supercharge it like yours but with more boost etc....then when you have finished implant it in your IS200....doesnt matter how long it takes... :D

Is this the Beams engine used in the Altezza.?

i'm going to put turbo in mine in a couple of weeks and need to put in a oil return line from the turbo into the sump.

any chance you can take off the sump and have a look were there is a good place to put the return oil feed into. must be on the left as you look at the engine as thats were the turbo sits. also if you can see were the oil comes up to or if there is anything in the way as i have to make a hole then weld a fitting to it. this would help a bunch

regards

jason

Blimey thats a right touch..totaly brand new then. :D ....how about you save some money up and get forged internals etc ( do it as a project ) and turbo it or supercharge it like yours but with more boost etc....then when you have finished implant it in your IS200....doesnt matter how long it takes... :D

Is this the Beams engine used in the Altezza.?

this is the 6 pot lexus engine

question is whats he replaced it with?!

Unfortunately he sold his IS200 a few years ago, but he's got a lovely white IS-F :)

The engine was used for educational purposes at Toyota Sweden. It hasn't been started, only disassembled and reassembled again.

Complete port and polish it and than forge the internals. That could turn out in a very powerful engine and very reliable. turbo it or supercharge it after that...then smoke anyone who stands in your way :))

now that is a very sweet picture!!! engine looks like it's outta candy factory :)

I am about to flush my entire cooling system, but I am not sure where the block coolant flush plug is.

can you please help me on this? i think it's located on the intake side, somewhere near the oil filter.

can you please locate it, and a picture would be worth a 1000 words :)

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...