Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Door Lock Confirmation?

Hello,

Because Im the new here - welcome everybody :)

Since 2 weeks im the happy (I hope so!) owner of '91 LS400.

I love this car already although Its a little bit neglected but im willing to turn it into 100% technical perfect condition.

Ive got a few questions though:

- how to make door locking (by the remote key) confirmation by ligths blinking/ sound horn? if i press the lock/unlock button at the key it does lock and unlock car but i dont get any ligths blinking/ sound horn confirmation just like in the others cars.

- how to get know if the seat heating is working properly? if i turn it on the lights on the switch stays on and green but i cannot feel anything in my seat is getting warmer (maybe ive got too thick skin so i cannot feel warm?) ;)

Thanks in advance

Kris

Hello,

I love this car already although Its a little bit neglected but im willing to turn it into 100% technical perfect condition.

- how to make door locking (by the remote key) confirmation by ligths blinking/ sound horn? if i press the lock/unlock button at the key it does lock and unlock car but i dont get any ligths blinking/ sound horn confirmation just like in the others cars.

- how to get know if the seat heating is working properly? if i turn it on the lights on the switch stays on and green but i cannot feel anything in my seat is getting warmer (maybe ive got too thick skin so i cannot feel warm?) ;)

Thanks in advance

Kris

Welcome to the group Kris, thay are wonderful cars. Afraid I have no idea how to help, except check the fuses!

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Kris

Welcome to the group Kris, thay are wonderful cars. Afraid I have no idea how to help, except check the fuses!

What fantastic taste you have in cars....pitty it took you so long. anyway, welcome.

I think your luck that the buttons on the key lock and unlock. Mine is a 93 reg and the remote key has never worked wjhile ive had teh car. and yes i have changed the Battery. While im on teh subject of keys, if you need a spare you will probable be told by theh Key Bar man that they have a chip in them and one of theirs will nopt open your doors. This isnt true for your car. A simple spare key will work and they are cheap as a spare.

Heated seats; when i first got my car i thought the heated seats went working. But in the winter or in cold weather you can feel the heat. So maybe your are the same, you just cannot tell in warm weather.

Good luck mate and enjoy the best car in the world.

PS. check that the Power Steering fluid isnt leaking from the pump. Its a common fault and it knackers the alternator.

Thanks for reply.

Mine remote key is working - it does lock and inlock all the doors when i press the button at the side of the key. Problem is that car doesnt confirm that operation - either by once/twice side lights blinking or by beep sound (you know, just like at the other cars). Is there any hint or procedure to turn on this lights/sound confirmation? This is a liitle annoying when every time i have to check if car is closed by pulling the handle.

Hi welcome to the LOC,

When you unlock the car it should beep twice when unlocked and once when locking with the remote key fob.

There is a control which adjusts the volume of the bleep or if fully turned until it clicks turns off the beeping.

The control is located on the lower dash below the bonnet/hood release control ( open the drivers door then look under the lower dash and you should see a black knob turn it fully clockwise for maximum sound if you turn it the wrong way and it clicks that is the off position.

If you cannot find it PM me your email and I will sent you a picture of the location.

As for the heated seat problem it is a common fault that the heater panels in the seats fail, they can be replaced but they are dealer only.

steve2006

yeah i know that there should be an adjust control under the dash but i looked everywhere and i have not found anything like this. Strange but true. My car was produced in january 1991 maybe then there wasnt such adjust?

I tested if the heated seats working or not. I sat on every in front and rear (since i have got heated rear seats too) and switched between on and off position. I couldnt feel any difference. Is it possible that heater panel in every of four seats is broken?? This is my first car with heated seats and i dont have experience with this feature. Maybe im expecting too much - im expecting that seats should be so warm that it could almost burn myself. Or maybe in real the heat is so subtle that is almost hard to notice? Please tell me.

Cheers

Kris

Hi,

When I get the chance I will post up a picture where my control is located.

Cannot suggest much more about the seat heaters ( mine is a Japanese import so doesn't have them) apart from checking the fuse which is fuse number 23 ( 20 amp) located in the engine compartment fuse box.

Cheers,

Steve