Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unlock Boot With Remote?

I have now had my LS400 for about a week and love it! Good thing most people just don't realize the treasures hidden beneath the discreetly elegant but slightly bland exterior otherwise the prices would skyrocket! This is a 1998 Mk IV with 89K mls and, so far, I have only had minor worries (the creaking bed/pirate ship syndrome which was very scary - thought the suspension and brakes were going till I read about it), etc. Everything seems to work fine except though the remote controls do work they don't release the boot. Any ideas?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Everything seems to work fine except though the remote controls do work they don't release the boot. Any ideas?

Have you tried holding the boot-button down, instead of just pressing it once ?

Everything seems to work fine except though the remote controls do work they don't release the boot. Any ideas?

Have you tried holding the boot-button down, insstead of just pressing it once ?

Thanks, will try in the morning and let you know.

Have you tried holding the boot-button down, insstead of just pressing it once ?

Thank you very much indeed, JellyBean, it works beautifully. The garage I bought it from had no idea and refused to fix it! (just as well, I suppose they could they have 'fixed' it and ask for a small charge!) and although the car did come with the Lexus welcome CD it did not have the owners manual (it just had the SatNav/AC/radio manual which the garage told me was the manual!). Thanks again.

Thank you very much indeed, JellyBean, it works beautifully.

Delighted to get a 'result' for you. Only reason I knew was that when I first got mine, I couldn't open boot with the R/C, but after delving into the handbook - hey presto !