Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Re-fitting Trd Sideskirts

I took my bumpers and sideskirt off at the weekend and dropped them of to get painted, when taking my sideskirt off the thin rubber seal between the skirt and the body died.

Anyone ideas on how/where to get a new one? I imagine its the same as the rubber i got with my new TRD rear lip (Thanks Ormi) but perhaps a bit more lengthy?

I called Toyota in dunfermline and Lexus in Edinburgh but none seemed to be able to help over the phone :(

Im due to pick up my freshly painted bits in the next couple of days but dont want to put my sideskirt on without the correct seal

I took my bumpers and sideskirt off at the weekend and dropped them of to get painted, when taking my sideskirt off the thin rubber seal between the skirt and the body died.

Anyone ideas on how/where to get a new one? I imagine its the same as the rubber i got with my new TRD rear lip (Thanks Ormi) but perhaps a bit more lengthy?

I called Toyota in dunfermline and Lexus in Edinburgh but none seemed to be able to help over the phone :(

Im due to pick up my freshly painted bits in the next couple of days but dont want to put my sideskirt on without the correct seal

sorry mate ment to get back to you just been rushed off my feet......bad news you can't get the seals seperate. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Iv ordered what seems very similar trim for a corolla sideskirt, doesnt come in until end of the month tho so hopefully i can do something beforehand.

I found a site called www.sealsdirect.co.uk but it all seems to be like window seals and sht!

There must be something....somewhere, what does everyone who buys 2nd hand sideskirts do?

Iv got tht no problem my main concern is it looking the same as it did before it came off, im picking up my sideskirt and bumper tomorow morning but dont think ill have time to fit them until tomorow evening.

Im worried that the sideskirt that is still on is neat and tight and when/if i stick the other one back on with sealer or double sided tape the black line around the sideskirts will be bulkier :S

Iv got tht no problem my main concern is it looking the same as it did before it came off, im picking up my sideskirt and bumper tomorow morning but dont think ill have time to fit them until tomorow evening.

Im worried that the sideskirt that is still on is neat and tight and when/if i stick the other one back on with sealer or double sided tape the black line around the sideskirts will be bulkier :S

I dont think it would look bukier...thinner i would say by the time its been compressed against the car/skirt....which if that is the case then just double the thickness of the tape up.

I dont think it would look bukier...thinner i would say by the time its been compressed against the car/skirt....which if that is the case then just double the thickness of the tape up.

Ill see what i can do and try get some pics up when its done

hopefully i can find somewhere with similar/same rubber seals 1st tho lol

Ill see what i can do and try get some pics up when its done

hopefully i can find somewhere with similar/same rubber seals 1st tho lol

Why dont you ring up some toyota dealers...?

as i said i work for toyota the seals don't come seperate,i dont have the seals on mine mate just 3m tape.

hope its not the same size as the corolla??the is is longer.