Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking bed syndrome means your bushes in the upper front wishbones are on the way out, the next stage is what feels like warped discs under heavy breaking. Just replaced mine A2Z parts £120 odd the pair & about an hour a side to do, drives as new now.

Creaking bed syndrome means your bushes in the upper front wishbones are on the way out, the next stage is what feels like warped discs under heavy breaking. Just replaced mine A2Z parts £120 odd the pair & about an hour a side to do, drives as new now.

There was a suggestion somewhere that this is due to the bushes drying out and can be fixed by spraying silicone on? Did you do the work yourself? I do have the problem also.

Thanks.

Hi all Can anyone tell me what the creaking Bed/Pirate syndrome is....slightly confused.....Thanks.

I think I started the confusion: I meant to say old creaking bed/Pirate sailing ship - both of which I thought would create the sort of massive creaking I experienced! And the explanation is the one provided below although (see my reply below) I definitely did read here or on another Lexus forum that it can happen once the parts have been replaced and the bushes dry out again. It went on to say that it happens when it is dry rather than damp and it doesn't happen on motorways - this has been my experience although I more than suspect that there is a need to replace the affected parts and I am trying to find out how this could be done most economically bearing in mind that I am not a diy person and have no tools.

There was a suggestion somewhere that this is due to the bushes drying out and can be fixed by spraying silicone on? Did you do the work yourself? I do have the problem also.

Thanks.

Hello, Sorry for the confusion, the next reply should clarify that....As for the silicone, its got to be worth a try, I dread having to have to get mine done.....Cheers,Roy.

take heed in that a2z parts quote above....£120 for upper control arms......thats cheap if they are the front ones, about right if they are the back ones

Hi £119 + £10 postage is the price I paid a few months ago through eBay it was cheaper to buy the two front upper wishbones seperate than as a pair I remember £59 each. They may have gone up a little an easy job for any mechanic to fit.

Just checked £139 delivered or £69 each on eBay A2Z Wakefield

take heed in that a2z parts quote above....£120 for upper control arms......thats cheap if they are the front ones, about right if they are the back ones

Hi £119 + £10 postage is the price I paid a few months ago through eBay it was cheaper to buy the two front upper wishbones seperate than as a pair I remember £59 each. They may have gone up a little an easy job for any mechanic to fit.

Just checked £139 delivered or £69 each on eBay A2Z Wakefield

Double check before you buy. Are you after the LS ones. Herelink