Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Econmomical Garage Charges

Just reading about the guy in Milton Keynes finding a local garage, which has rasonable charges, to work on his Lexuxs.

Does anyone know of a garage in the Cambridge area who is competent to work on LS400 Mk 1V and has reasonble charges? Lexus main dealer charge well over £100/hour. I may need to sell my Mk 1V if I cannot find a cheaper repairer.

Thanks, in anticipation and thanks also to all who contribute to this club. It's excellent!

Does anyone know of a garage in the Cambridge area who is competent to work on LS400 Mk 1V and has reasonble charges? Lexus main dealer charge well over £100/hour.

A long shot - or journey - I know, but if you could enjoy a day in A Fine City, Roys Motor Company in Norwich were once the Lexus main agents and have serviced my LS for five years. They charge £45/hr.

01603 424877

But I know it's a bit far !

The Toyota workshop is the same one as the Lexus one and it is a little bit further along the Cowley Road towards Cherry Hinton on the left in a small industrial estate. I imagine they will charge Lexus prices but who knows. I bet they'd send you over to Lexus anyway.

Consider Alan Ponting at Caxton Gibbet just past the burnt out Chinese restaurant beyond Cambourne. 07833398695.

The Toyota workshop is the same one as the Lexus one and it is a little bit further along the Cowley Road towards Cherry Hinton on the left in a small industrial estate. I imagine they will charge Lexus prices but who knows. I bet they'd send you over to Lexus anyway.

Consider Alan Ponting at Caxton Gibbet just past the burnt out Chinese restaurant beyond Cambourne. 07833398695.

Definetly recommend ROYS less than half price of Lexus stealers and also a free courtesy car to have look around the area whilst waiting for vehicle

Greetings,

It's nice to see all the above people making good recommendations regarding garages in your local area.

I also think what they are trying to tell you is DON'T SELL THE LS MAN!!

Unless you're replacing it wityh another one...

Best of luck with the garages.

Cheers.

A Sunday afternoon perhaps? Where is central to us all?

I am in Chesterton so virtually in Cambridge.

We used to have a VW meet at Cambridge services but thats deffo on the far side for Melbourn.

Anglesey Abbey? Any pub with a decent car park? Wimpole Hall?

Sunday afternoons are generally good, although not next Sunday (25th). I'm about 10 miles west of Cambridge (in Papworth) but I don't mind a bit of a drive, especially in the LS! :)

Maybe we should start a new thread for this?