Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been Offered A New Job Today

Dear Sir/Ma

Premium Paper Industries Ltd comprises Premium Paper Industries Ltd (India's oldest paper merchant, est.1999)We need representatives in the United States/UK who will be in charge of all our payments from the United States and United Kingdom clients/customers. Premium Paper Industries Ltd is a small family owned private company and we are into leading distributor of Paper & Packaging products into the Asia and Pacific regions. Once we makes a sale we deliver the product to a customer (usually through UPS).The customer receives and check the products. After this has been done, the customer has to pay for the products. About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through Bank Wire Transfers. We have decided to open this new job position for solving this problem. Your tasks are; You receive £25,000.00 You take your income: £2,500.00 You will be able to operate with larger orders and you will be able to earn more. Our payments will be sent to your bank, deduct your 10% and forward the balance to the company via Western Union only. We understand it is an unusual and incredible job position. This job takes only 3-7 hours per week. You Will have a lot of free time doing another job, you will get good income and regular job. But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are looking only for the worker who satisfies our requirements and will be an earnest assistant. We are glad to offer this job position to you.

If you feel that you are serious about this and earnest worker, All we will need for recording you to our database is below:

Full Name:- -------------------------------

Address:- -------------------------

Your Mobile Phone Number:-------------------

Your timely response will be appreciated.

Best Regards.

Mr. Avinash Company Address A/604, Kol Dongri Cooperative Housing Society, Parsiwada, International Airport Road, Andheri East, City Mumbai State Maharashtra Country India Pin Code 400099

IT'S A SCAM :(

I get these several times a week, luckily NOT on my main e-address! AND I seem to know a lot of rich folk dying around the world wanting to leave me money to avoid taxes, or getting it away from corrupt governments. (Should I tell them my OWN corrupt govt has already tried.....?) ANd I win the Euro lottery on occasion.....Must have been born under a lucky star.Oh, and people keep thinking I run a hotel and wanting a room for lots of folk.......

Ain't life interesting? :shifty:

I actually did get a new job offer elsewhere (but not from premium papers lol). I was headhunted really. I've already handed in my 4 weeks notice (been there 4 yrs), but they really want to keep me so they are offering me a new position and better pay. Although i have agreed to take the new job with the my new employer, i have yet to sign the agreement until i have officially ended my old job and tie up all loose ends. But im in a position to choose and bargin...do i keep my old job and get the new position or take the new job which at the moment is only a few grand more. Don't know what new pay they will offer me in the old job yet until this Wednesday. I feel so important at the moment as both places want me lol...just worried i will choose the wrong decision and regret it!

I actually did get a new job offer elsewhere (but not from premium papers lol). I was headhunted really. I've already handed in my 4 weeks notice (been there 4 yrs), but they really want to keep me so they are offering me a new position and better pay. Although i have agreed to take the new job with the my new employer, i have yet to sign the agreement until i have officially ended my old job and tie up all loose ends. But im in a position to choose and bargin...do i keep my old job and get the new position or take the new job which at the moment is only a few grand more. Don't know what new pay they will offer me in the old job yet until this Wednesday. I feel so important at the moment as both places want me lol...just worried i will choose the wrong decision and regret it!

mate, i was in the same position as you in the past for few times. I think it comes down to you and what you want. get a piece of paper and put down the advantages and disadvantages of both jobs. take in consideration all factors like: What are the opportunities in both jobs (more money, moving up the scale, organisational culture, how serious is the company, any bad experiences with previous employees, MONEY again, the boss and so forth.). You mentioned that the new one is offering more money but what do you need to offer for more money? Also, is the new work environment better? is the new job really new for you? do you get more responsibilities? is there an opportunity in the new company to move up, or you will remain in the same position? Are you replaceble? Remember that if you're not replaceble than you wont move up... :D. Is it closer to where you live? You might get more money but if you spend that extra on petrol, it's not good. Is the new firm going to pay for insurance or any other expenditures from your behalf?

So it's totally up to you mate. I hope I didn't confuse you a bit more than you were.

Good luck. Keep me updated.

Yeah, those are the questions i've been thinking about all 3 weeks. The one that stands the most is in the job im in, it's very difficult to get any sort of payrise (IT Technician for an Academy (it's a secondary school which has both sponsors and goverment allowance) and no overtime at all but could be very long term, unlike the new job which potentially provide 3k a yr just in overtime which i don't minding doing. To get any sort of payrise i have to change job position, but it's very unlikely for a school to provide any sort of position change (only get more jobs and no position change). The new job is very dependant on how much contracted work they can get (i would be an IT project engineer, similar to GFX designer and programmer together). They currently have alot of work ahead and huge contract, so they are desperate for someone with design skills in 3D, but they are only a small company with 12 people only 3 of them have any sort of design skills and they have a different role at the moment.

Due to the fact that their main programmer is a good friend of mine (goes to show its not what you know but who you know) and i fit the bill, i got the offer after working a week with them, the Boss and his wife both work in the office and are genuine really nice people (pay my week working for them and paid dinner when he over heard me and my m8 going out somewhere, even makes tea for his/her staff, i've never seen that before in a company!). They really needed someone who will get on with him as at the moment he has provided software that has gained alot of attention and someone who will work very closely with him (last person that worked with him drifted off and leaving him to do all the work on top the work he's ment to be doing). I also graduated from uni with a first class honors in multimedia design (not bad considering i've been working in a kitchen for my family for 10 yrs and decided to leave after they retired and i didn't want to carry on with the family trend as i didn't enjoy working 14 hrs a day, 6 days a week on something i didn't even like doing). The new job will put my degree in good use too as i could not get my foot through the door in the world of "we need someone who has 3 yrs experience", but how can i if noone will take me in the first place even if i pass with top grade!?

Travel is alot closer for the new job (only 10 minutes away) whereas the job im in takes up £120 a month on petrol (no i won't get rid of the Lexus lol). There are so many pros and cons in both jobs. It's like a gamble. I'm basically gambling on the new job to get the contracts in and hopefully last more than 3 yrs at very least. I've been doing what i've been doing for 4 Yrs and im still bascially doing the same, not learning much hence, just doing more work, no payrise :(. Northhampton town is only 10 minutes walk away from my rented place and has everything i need, whereas the area i live has a very small town centre where you can't even buy a pair of shoes without travelling 17 miles And very limited job oppertunties, most people have to travel and commute to work.

Think i've waffled on a bit, but once i get "in the zone" i can't stop typing lol

Take the new job mate. Sounds far more interesting and working for a small company is more fun than working for a larger one - and if things work out you could be very high up there in a few years as it grows. You will also find you are more motivated, because when things go well it is self-evident that everyone benefits. Also because it is a small place you will find you get the chance to get involved in side projects, increasing your experience and thus your value to future employers.

You will go nowhere in a school/college position doing the sort of thing you're doing, because it's not part of their core business. All you will ever really do is keep things ticking over and every few years replace a bunch of workstations. The apparent safety of working there is only an illusion anyway - your job is only guaranteed for as long as your notice period!

Think i've waffled on a bit, but once i get "in the zone" i can't stop typing lol

No worries mate. I totally understand. As far as I am concerned I think you've already answered your questions. The new job sounds a bit more appealing. The good thing is that in a smaller company you will get to be noticed for your hard work easier than a big company. I've workd in few big and small and that is a general rule. Altough there are some exceptions. However, if you think that the new job offers more and you can actually get somewhere, just get it and don't look back . If it doesn't work out, well...it seems that you're smart enough to get another one that will suit you so never let anyone to crush you. (No, I am not a motivational speaker :D)

Do what you think is right for you mate. Give your self a chance. I went through the same thing. Got a position offered but I was affraid to take it. Than I find my self thinking that I was doing the same thing for like 2 years with no promotions or payrise in the cards. I was working my ***** off and all I got was: "Good job mate. Now about the project that's coming up...." so I got another one wich is almost perfect.

Up to you though. You know your situation better than me or anyone here, but my only advice is to trust your self and do whatever you think is good. Have a bit of cartezian thinking and you will be ok.

new job all the way, you're only benefit in the old one is comfort zone, don't think any better of the old firm as you can't progress properly, only did anything for you when you were leaving, more to regret staying than leaving. not everything lasts for ever and sometimes things just run the course. once your in the new one after 6 months and fitted in and know what you are doing will be best move you ever made.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread steve from midlands lol.

Cheers for the advise guys! It's very true what you lot are saying. I know if i don't take it that would be the thing that i regret, i know it's something i will enjoy doing rather then maintaining PCs and changing passwords all day for kids who r out to break everything and all the good effort means nothing. Those who work in schools will know what i mean..kids will treat a £500 laptop like a door stopper, absolutely no respect and it ticks me off, but at the end of the day it's my job to maintain them. But yes i have already confirmed my leaving date and handed in my notice. So there's really no turning back. If you see me sell me lexus in a few months, you will know i choose the wrong option lol. If i bumping into any of you in Northampton i will buy u a drink!