Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d High Revs (1200rpm) At Standstill

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have a 220d 56plate. When the car is started from a cold start the revs seem to be at 1200 as long as the fans are on. This is nothing to do with the AC as the problem occurs all the time with when the fans are on. Once the car is warm the revs go down to 800rpm which seems normal at standstill. Once the car is warm after say 10mins driving this problem stops happenning.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have a 220d 56plate. When the car is started from a cold start the revs seem to be at 1200 as long as the fans are on. This is nothing to do with the AC as the problem occurs all the time with when the fans are on. Once the car is warm the revs go down to 800rpm which seems normal at standstill. Once the car is warm after say 10mins driving this problem stops happenning.

completely normal mate its just a warm up session the engine goes through. It will also do it when you switch the a/c on occationally to compensate for the compressor drag. Its all about getting and keeping that all inportant CAT warm.

Mine is the same. I dont like it either. It only happens if I use the A/c or turn the fan on within the first 10 mins. I have also noticed that this feature in not active during the summer months when the outside temps are higher. I suppose just one of those things.