Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Satnav Dvds Now Available

Just to let you all know that the 2009/10 (E12) SatNav DVDs are now available from www.lexus-mapupdates.eu - mine were delivered this morning and I'll install them when I get home. I'm selling my old (2008/09 E11) DVDs in the Buy/Sell area of the forum.

Just to let you all know that the 2009/10 (E12) SatNav DVDs are now available from www.lexus-mapupdates.eu - mine were delivered this morning and I'll install them when I get home. I'm selling my old (2008/09 E11) DVDs in the Buy/Sell area of the forum.

Could you please let us know if any more changes have been made to functions that can be used whilst driving. Thank you in advance.

No new changes that I can see from the 2008/2009 discs. You can still operate the Nav system while the vehicle is moving, but the Phone and Audio controls are still restricted.

No new changes that I can see from the 2008/2009 discs. You can still operate the Nav system while the vehicle is moving, but the Phone and Audio controls are still restricted.

Thanks for the info. No need for me to upgrade then as the mapping rarely lets me down.

This may have been answered already somewhere, but as a new owner of a Lexus do the new maps have full post code search, I have an 06 plate and partial post code is a pain after years of tom tom usage

This may have been answered already somewhere, but as a new owner of a Lexus do the new maps have full post code search, I have an 06 plate and partial post code is a pain after years of tom tom usage

None of the Lexus discs have had full postcode entry in the past so I doubt that this one will, but I will check tomorrow.

Checked this morning - the postcode entry is still the same as previous discs, meaning you can only enter the first few characters. eg: S26 5

That is a REAL pain - what on Earth are Lexus thinking?? Big disapointment.

Checked this morning - the postcode entry is still the same as previous discs, meaning you can only enter the first few characters. eg: S26 5

That is a REAL pain - what on Earth are Lexus thinking?? Big disapointment.

I find this very strange as the MY2010 IS will have full postcode search enabled on its sat nav - see spil's reply to an earlier post here: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=62362

Surely the new disc's software is the same as the MY2010?

The new system uses a Hard Drive instead of DVDs, so is a slightly modified unit which is probably why it has the post code system. However, the good news would be that if Lexus is prepared to pay the fees that Royal Mail charge for the Post Code entry, we could see it on a future DVD release??

The new system uses a Hard Drive instead of DVDs, so is a slightly modified unit which is probably why it has the post code system. However, the good news would be that if Lexus is prepared to pay the fees that Royal Mail charge for the Post Code entry, we could see it on a future DVD release??

Lexus must have paid for the right to use full postcode entry otherwise it would not be available on the MY2010 IS. This is why I find it strange that the latest 2009/2010 map updates do not also update the software to include the full postcode search.

Lexus must have paid for the right to use full postcode entry otherwise it would not be available on the MY2010 IS. This is why I find it strange that the latest 2009/2010 map updates do not also update the software to include the full postcode search.

I agree this is poor but I have heard BMW and Audi ? also do not use full postcode entry. I have to find a few remote properties which often do not even have a road name EG B 4050 or similar which renders this system useless so I carry a super slim Garmin Nuvi with full postcode entry in the glovebox which allways takes me to the door and at £100 was way less money than a disc update and so much smarter ! (and plays MP3 files and is a photo viewer from SD card ! ) Persuit of perfection ?? Pah

Is it possible to display the vehicle speed as detected by the SatNav? I would really like to check out my speedo! A good SatNav display panel for this would be the 'compass rose' that also displays lat/long info.

Yes its possible to do this. If memory serves me correct, I think you have to hold down the info button and at the same time with the lights in the off position turn on and off your side lights 3 times. This will bring up a hidden menu and its in there somewhere. Not hard to find.

Am I right in thinking that if i replace my existing sat nav disk for the latest available, I will then be able to input address information on the move instead of having to park up to use the system?

That would be correct. The last disc set before this one offered the same feature. Sounds like just a mapping upgrade rather than any more feature updates. A shame really.

• 3 weeks later...

I see from my 2007 IS250 SE MM that the CD track listing is present when the car is stopped but when moving the track listings are blanked and not selectable.

Can anyone with the latest SatNav DVD confirm whether this rather stupid issue has been changed so that you can use the CD track listings when on the move?

Many thanks.

I see from my 2007 IS250 SE MM that the CD track listing is present when the car is stopped but when moving the track listings are blanked and not selectable.

Can anyone with the latest SatNav DVD confirm whether this rather stupid issue has been changed so that you can use the CD track listings when on the move?

Many thanks.

No, the update only changes access to the SatNav while moving. Using the Audio and Phone features while moving are still restricted in the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, can someone help me. I have been following the above string and would appreciate help on this. as it does have similar relevance. I have a 2007 IS250 sport with MM / Sat Nav etc. The above strings make reference to update Sat nav CD's, do we pay for them or are they free, as my system seems to work perfectly well at present, apart from circles on roads which I tend to use most often, looked everywhere, cant find answer for that. Any help appreciated.

Hi guys, can someone help me. I have been following the above string and would appreciate help on this. as it does have similar relevance. I have a 2007 IS250 sport with MM / Sat Nav etc. The above strings make reference to update Sat nav CD's, do we pay for them or are they free, as my system seems to work perfectly well at present, apart from circles on roads which I tend to use most often, looked everywhere, cant find answer for that. Any help appreciated.

The updated SatNav discs cost about £150 to buy from Lexus.

The 'circles on roads' that you talk about? Are these small red dots? Is so you have the feature enabled that shows you where you have previously been. This option can be switched off in the menus somewhere. I can't remember how to do it off top of my head, but it is easy to do.

Cheers

Phil

Tks for the quick reply Phil. Call me tight, but £150 for an update disc seems a bit of a rip to me. I fully appreciate there may be other updates on there. Many thanks once again, I'll try and switch off the small red dot thing now, it was starting to bug me.

Tks for the quick reply Phil. Call me tight, but £150 for an update disc seems a bit of a rip to me. I fully appreciate there may be other updates on there. Many thanks once again, I'll try and switch off the small red dot thing now, it was starting to bug me.

I was given a 59 plate 220d courtesy car whilst mine went in for a recall I was able to use the phone functions whilst driving. i.e. access the phone book which is dimmed out in my car.

I was given a 59 plate 220d courtesy car whilst mine went in for a recall I was able to use the phone functions whilst driving. i.e. access the phone book which is dimmed out in my car.

Was it just the speed dial numbers, or the whole of the phone book?