Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Sizes

MorrIS200

Hello

New to lexus and new to the site.

Jus wondering what size tyres everyone is using as i am wanting to upgrade to better and wider tyres

ive currently got budget tyres on as i hvae only jus bought the car (2002 is200) they are 215 40 17.

I want wider ones as ive noticed the back of the car is very twitchy in the wet even under low acceleration.

whats the widest i could have?

Regards Joe

Is this your first rear wheel drive car? If so, then a good tip is to take it easy in the wet until you're used to its handling characteristics........

If it is still a bit twitchy then the geo could need adjusting as the IS200 is quite a well planted car. Also budget tyres are never great - a good quality set of tyres can make a massive difference.

The standard tyre size is 215/45/17, might be able to stretch the width out to 225 - not sure if you can comfortably go wider than that though on a 7" rim.

Get in touch with a guy called Tony at Wheels in Motion (you can visit his website or contact him through here, he is a member) and find out the nearest recommended centre to you to get the geo done.

The OEM settings for the IS200 are not correct, and you end up with horrendous inner edge tyre wear - Tony's got his own settings that have cured this :)

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1As on mine and they are brilliant, best tyres I've used with immense grip in the wet.

Thanks mate. Is his display name on here just Tony?

Also jus a random question, noticed your "prolexmirror/sunroof closure" would i be right in thinking this is some sort of total closure unit so when you lock your car they fold in/shut? if so where did you get it from?

Regards

Joe

His username is Tony-Bones, this is his site LINK

Yep exactly right, on locking the car my mirrors fold in and the sunroof closes. Unfortunately the guy who made those kits doesn't anymore, but I think you can get similar things on eBay but I'm not brilliant with electronics so can't advise much.

If you're good with electronics though have a search on here as all the wiring diagrams are available and should only cost a few quid to build if you know what you're doing :)