Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alternative To Tony Wim

akhtar1817

Hi

Does anyone know of any alternative garages that can fix the issues with my front tyres, I went to Tony (WIM) a year ago, replaced the tyres with new Falkens all around and now the inside thread on the front tyres is completly bold. I'v done no more than 10k miles, not kerbed the car or driven over deep potholes etc...

Cost me £100 (Tony WIM)

£30 fuel to the garage and back

£140 for the front 2 tyres

A fortune spent already and if anything the visit to Tony has made the tyre wear worse, so anyone recommend anyone else?

p.s. I know tony is highly rated on this forum but my personal experience with his garage has been anything but...

Will post pics if you guys wanna see how bad the tyres are.....

Have you contacted Tony regarding this?

Im sure he'll look at the car again for you if your issues are as bad as you say

Yea wants another £40 (down from £60), will cost me in fuel and if im in the same position in a years time, another £140 down the drain for the front tyres...

:whistling: not wanting to take sides with anybody but I think Tony is the best in this field and he did my car a couple of years back and the handling was great....have since put new tyres on the car 9months ago and they are wearing perfectly...... My car has went to Cyprus since visiting the doctor and the roads were hell out there and they knocked the lving daylights out of the suspension but still handles as it did when it was done by Tony

there must be another problem that is causing the tyre wear...something worn but the only way to find out is to visit the doctor...

Go see the guy and he will sort your problem out.... you may have hit a pothole or something :shifty:

oh I did a 350mmile round trip to see him truly worth it

akhtar1817 as i said in the pm "historically" the positions we set the chassis to belays the tyre wear, a year later i cannot be held accountable for the chassis natural deterioration or the road condition.

You was given a printout of the chassis final positions so i am prepared to measure the chassis again and if the positions are the same/or near to as i set them then i will pay for the tyres and reset the chassis free.

As a "heads up" the reason these angles on the Lexus are adjustable is because by design Lexus knew they would change!

Hi

Does anyone know of any alternative garages that can fix the issues with my front tyres, I went to Tony (WIM) a year ago, replaced the tyres with new Falkens all around and now the inside thread on the front tyres is completly bold. I'v done no more than 10k miles, not kerbed the car or driven over deep potholes etc...

Cost me £100 (Tony WIM)

£30 fuel to the garage and back

£140 for the front 2 tyres

A fortune spent already and if anything the visit to Tony has made the tyre wear worse, so anyone recommend anyone else?

p.s. I know tony is highly rated on this forum but my personal experience with his garage has been anything but...

Will post pics if you guys wanna see how bad the tyres are.....

i would say the problem is with worn lower ball joints mate as i have done 10 k miles and no inner tyre wear after seeing tony when he first opened wim

Same here...when i had my IS200 i had terrible inner tyre wear...then found Tony @ WIM he put the new chassis settings on the car and since then ive NEVER had tyre wear problems... :)

i think its either that you have hit many potholes and the chassis settings have been thrown out of allignment or there is another reason why this is happening..... ;)

Tony is a top bloke and i think the offer that he has given you is more than fair and a testament to the service and dedication he gives to all of us at LOC and also many other forums...... :)

akhtar1817 as i said in the pm "historically" the positions we set the chassis to belays the tyre wear, a year later i cannot be held accountable for the chassis natural deterioration or the road condition.

You was given a printout of the chassis final positions so i am prepared to measure the chassis again and if the positions are the same/or near to as i set them then i will pay for the tyres and reset the chassis free.

As a "heads up" the reason these angles on the Lexus are adjustable is because by design Lexus knew they would change!

Hi Tony, I'll have a look for the printout and will pm you accordingly, one has alot of support on this forum :)

• 4 weeks later...