Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is220d Xenon Headlight Problem!help!

Have you still got the link you used to buy your bulbs? I clicked on your link and it was no longer listed. Thanks John

I believe you need D2R bulbs, just search for "D2R Lexus" on eBay, there are loads to choose from with quite a substantial price range. There is nothing special about "Lexus", so no need to buy ones that specifically say lexus, they just need to be D2R compatible. Factory colour temp is 4300K, so go for that if you want to keep the colour the same.

• 3 months later...

It's actually D4S Philips, so no problem about this.

The only solution I came up with is to buy new one and try replacing the right one, which worked perfectly before. I don't have the old ones to give it a try, since I recycled them. :(

Anyway, since nobody seems to know or care, I will buy a new ballast for the left one, and a new bulb for the right one, and hope it works. The only problems are the price and time to arrive.

Does anyone know how to check the ballasts?

Thought I would bring up this post again.

My left (n/s) bulb kept going out, switch off and on would fix, so I ordered 2 x Philips DS4 from eBay (guy in the states who sold a lot of the bulbs), paid $110 for the two delivered. He had plenty of positive feedback and sold a lot of these bulbs.

Anyways asked Lexus to change the pair which they did. On initial power up the n/s bulb was still flickering but then stopped. Yesterday the o/s bulb was flickering on start and today as driving I watched the o/s flicker then go off in traffic!

I have the exact same problem as Bigmick 777, left light flickers or goes out at times particularly when dims are on, turning it off and on again fixes it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, particularly ones that don't cost an arm and a leg.

• 3 years later...

I've just installed Morimoto D4S 5000k bulbs to my car.

They are really bright but not dazzling to other cars. The light is pure white much better than the original Phillips ones.

Just failed MOT because the left bulb wouldn't come on. It's been temperamental recently, flickering on and off then staying on. I went to get a replacement from Eurocar parts, it cost £107. A really cool guy from a local garage changed it in under 10 minutes, but it turns out that the bulb wasn't the problem. I'm taking him the car on Tuesday to investigate. I hope the whole thing doesn't need changing. I've just about had enough of this car....

If it's the ballast, then it can be tricky.

The ballast is not replaceable in some models of the headlight cluster. The only option is to replace the cluster, or break-open the sealed cluster, replace the ballast, and then re-seal.

The bulbs are easily available:

Search eBay or amazon or google for "D4S bulb" (assuming you want one for a IS250).

In general, big name brands like Osram, Philips, Harison (toshiba) are all of good quality and high price - possibly as much as £65 each bulb, for the more expensive Osram/Philips ones.

There are lots of cheap bulbs around - I got some for £25 a pair off eBay. They worked fine for about 18 months, when one burned out, but they must have dimmed a lot by the end, as I replaced both with new philips bulbs, and they were tons brighter than the remaining working one. I didn't recall the bulbs to be much dimmer when new.