Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

For the ones looking for a MKIII have alook at this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Accoding to the seller the timing belt has been done at 80k. No leaks as far as he knows.

At £999 Buy it Now I'd probably take the risk if I was looking :)

Not sure what he did to the windscreen, rear lights and the front indicators though :huh:

not sure i would buy from a shoe sniffer. don't understand what i mean, check what he may have bought from mistress-bossy-boots (yes i know she lives in donny same as me before you all start) was just checking his feedback to see if he has sold car before and saw that and had to have a look what she sells. lol

not sure i would buy from a shoe sniffer. don't understand what i mean, check what he may have bought from mistress-bossy-boots (yes i know she lives in donny same as me before you all start) was just checking his feedback to see if he has sold car before and saw that and had to have a look what she sells. lol

In all fairness, she also sells a worn handbag :)

also car looks like it's been driven by a right chav,

Still...for £999 I would def. go over to check out the car. Those ..umm..'chav' modifications are easily set straight again

The rear lights are the same as the indicators looks like it's been resprayed without being masked off!

I can't see how this would be legal.

its about 3 different colours isn't it? the wheels are wrong for the year too

Hi Matt, it's not that far from you, is it?

Go have a look..lol

Hi Matt, it's not that far from you, is it?

Go have a look..lol

i might buy it!

Can't blame ya for that money.

DHP wheels probably got the handling pack option, looks like a bit of a dog, the paint is flat in places or it could be painted with the same can as the lights. ( I would only go to look if it was really really close )

DHP wheels probably got the handling pack option, looks like a bit of a dog, the paint is flat in places or it could be painted with the same can as the lights. ( I would only go to look if it was really really close )

You're right about the paint. I hadn't noticed that before. Lost me damn glasses again :whistling:

Very obvious in the first pic. The rear quarter and rear door seem very shiny, the front half is like primer grey..lol

I've seen similar tricks done with lights before. You apply a few over-thinned coats of the body colour paint and the lights are still visible through it when they are on, you would need brighter bulbs really, but on neutral colours like silver they don't even tint the colour of the light so all perfectly legal.

And also perfectly easy to reverse, just spend an hour or so with an appropriate polish (even T-Cut would do it) and you'll have those rear lights looking like new. I wouldn't let that put me off the car.

You can't tell a right lot from a 3" eBay photo. Paint defects can really be camera defects and badly bodged up cars can look straight.

You have to see 'em and test drive 'em (and talk to the seller, you can tell a lot about a car by the person who owns it)

I've seen similar tricks done with lights before. You apply a few over-thinned coats of the body colour paint and the lights are still visible through it when they are on, you would need brighter bulbs really, but on neutral colours like silver they don't even tint the colour of the light so all perfectly legal.

And also perfectly easy to reverse, just spend an hour or so with an appropriate polish (even T-Cut would do it) and you'll have those rear lights looking like new. I wouldn't let that put me off the car.

You can't tell a right lot from a 3" eBay photo. Paint defects can really be camera defects and badly bodged up cars can look straight.

You have to see 'em and test drive 'em (and talk to the seller, you can tell a lot about a car by the person who owns it)

I believe I asked him about 6 questions in one message the other day. Only 2 of those were answered. I've send him another message 2 days ago and haven't heard a thing since.

Either he doesn't know much about the car or doesn't want to give out much info.

I find some people are hard to get answers out of via email/messages. Sometimes its because they have something to hide,sometimes its because they just aren't very literate, or their communication skills aren't the best. Telephone works wonders. Mind you I have had eBay sellers who don't seem to want to give you their phone number either. This is usually the point I give up.

At least the advert isn't written all in capitals with no punctuation in bright red 72 point font. Thats always a **warning** bell for me. :D

I find some people are hard to get answers out of via email/messages. Sometimes its because they have something to hide,sometimes its because they just aren't very literate, or their communication skills aren't the best. Telephone works wonders. Mind you I have had eBay sellers who don't seem to want to give you their phone number either. This is usually the point I give up.

At least the advert isn't written all in capitals with no punctuation in bright red 72 point font. Thats always a **warning** bell for me. :D

Agreed but there is VERY little info in the ad, which tells me he doesn't really care about the car. Surely when you are selling your 'pride and joy' you have a little more to tell about it.

You or I might, but one of the best cars I ever bought was a 1968 Rover P5B Coupe, the advert for that simply read "Rover 3.5 litre, nice old car, £offers" [and he wasn't that much more descriptive of it on the phone] and what I got was a close to mint car off an old guy who'd owned it for years and for a very good price. Common sense is not that common.

You or I might, but one of the best cars I ever bought was a 1968 Rover P5B Coupe, the advert for that simply read "Rover 3.5 litre, nice old car, £offers" [and he wasn't that much more descriptive of it on the phone] and what I got was a close to mint car off an old guy who'd owned it for years and for a very good price. Common sense is not that common.

There are always exceptions of course, but I don't think someone with a name as XTCTony will be a respectable senior citizen ;)

I hope I'm wrong and hope the one who wins the auction gets a cracking car :)

This is what the car is really like. I'll go from bad to good. Washers dont work. The bottle was empty so topped it up but after several presses could not hear the pump,so this would be an MOT failure. MOT and tax till end of November. Struts dont hold the bonnet up. Front heated seats dont work. Havent tried the rears. Without taking the wheels off I would say the discs need replacing all round as there was a wear ridge on all discs. Passenger mirror only works up and down. One wheel centre cap missing. Small scuff and bit of paint peel on the rear bumper. The seller says it passed its MOT with those lights but you can hardly see the flashers. Needs cleaning and valeting properly to my standards. Lexus history to 119,000mls and 123,000mls now. Cam belt change at 64,000mls + plugs ,discs,pads, ball joints Battery etc, over a period of time. It drives lovely, smooth, quiet, responsive, no vibes or wandering and the brakes felt ok with only a small short judder under heavy use, hence my brake comments. Wheel refurb by Lexus. The wheels may have been an option from first owner?. A mixture of tyres but 2x Conti, 2x Michelin and Dunlop with plenty of tread. The body and paint are really good with nosigns of damage or bad dents etc. No excessive wear to the interior and should come up good after a leather clean and feed. Dash board and centre console all light up and work. Memory seats and steering ok. Rake of receipts and all manuals,complete unused tool kit with working torch, trinket box under passenger seat, wallet and even a note explaining the code for the audio. I thought it good enough to buy, my first Lexus, so I did. I only got it home last night, took off the small front indicator and tried Tcutting it which I dont think will spoil the plastic (keep me right if not) and it is taking the paint off but its going to take a lot of rubbing. Anyone with front indicators and rear clusters to sell I would be interested. I'll let you know how the 'running project' gets on. The washers and lights are first to sort and then I can get a new MOT.

Congrats on the Buy, seems like an OK car for the money :)

So no flat paint after all?

The slight judder when braking might also be down to worn control arm bushes.

As for the lights...there are plenty ppl on eBay breaking an Ls, have a try there.

Do post up some pics mate :)

Congratulations on your purchase. All I would say is that you'd be well advised to change (or get changed) the fuel filter, as well as the usual service items. I saw from one of the pics that the 'empty' light was on - this is sadly typical of a car sold by a dealer - you go there to test drive it and the fuel tank's empty - with the risk that all the c**p has been stirred up and clogged the system. Seen this many a time! However, these are exceptionally well-engineered cars which can tolerate a certain amount of neglect, but that's not an excuse, of course.

:winky: