Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Falken 451

Lexus-IS

I have replaced my rear tyres with falken 451's after reading good reviews about them on tyrereviews.co.uk but I am really now regretting it as I am having really noisy rides. Up until 35mph it's good but after that it sounds like I'm in a plane even on a freshly Tarmac road.

I have the pressure set to 38psi as per my user manual. Anyone have any experience with these tyres or this type of issue?

Thanks

I have replaced my rear tyres with falken 451's after reading good reviews about them on tyrereviews.co.uk but I am really now regretting it as I am having really noisy rides. Up until 35mph it's good but after that it sounds like I'm in a plane even on a freshly Tarmac road.

I have the pressure set to 38psi as per my user manual. Anyone have any experience with these tyres or this type of issue?

Thanks

Falken 451`s are the old model...they have been superseeded by the 452`s.....i think some people say that the Toyo tyres are really good for the IS250 in regards to noise etc.....

Not sure how rear tyres are going to affect holding the steering wheel. Were these tyres fitted by a reputable company and balanced correctly?

yeap they were fitted by a tyre shop that i've used for many years and properly balanced. i think the steering just feels that way because of the uncomfortable ride and noise that the rear falkens are giving me

Well, Assuming you have the Balance right, you are OK with the Tyre pressures & you feel your 4 wheel geometary is fine, Then i guess your stuck with them :crybaby:

The Only suggestion i can give you is Get them off ASP, Replace them with P Zero's, F 1's, Pilot Sports etc....Then get them Sold as virtually New and get most of your dosh back.....

...Falkens are a popular brand and should sell .

Thanks

I had FK452's on the rear of my old series 1 GS300 Sport and found them excellent and have some on order now to be fitted to my GS 430. If you have only just had the FK451's fitted where did you get them from. I ask this because the FK452's have been in production for some considerable time now. It might be an idea to check when your tyres were manufactured as even unused tyres can suffer degradation over time which could then possibly impact on the tyres characteristics.

This is how to check date of manufacture........on the sidewall you will find DOT followed by 4 numbers in a "box" type marking. These numbers give the date of manufacture, eg 2704 would translate to week 27 year 2004.