Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autocar Magazine..

dazz32

Just picked up the new weekly Autocar magazine with the first Driven review of the LFA supercar....

The car in the magazine looks amazing both inside and out....it will cost £340K....but they say its worth it...and some.!!

I really.really want one.. :blush: :D

Click here..

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/244227/

All sounds very promising, if it's as good as the carrera GT which was referred to a few times then it'll be worth its £300k price tag.

Bit disappointed by the comments about the steering, bit of a shame if it is over assisted and lacks feel in a car that otherwise sounds brilliant, like in the SLR that had fantastic brakes but supposedly no feel at all.

Unlike the SLR though, the interior of the LFA looks amazing, glad they've gone so far from what the inside of a Lexus normally looks like, without removing the essential values of comfort and luxury.

This could be the ultimate everyday supercar - can't wait for more detailed reviews to start coming in, and more importantly to see the stig behind the wheel :whistling:

All sounds very promising, if it's as good as the carrera GT which was referred to a few times then it'll be worth its £300k price tag.

Bit disappointed by the comments about the steering, bit of a shame if it is over assisted and lacks feel in a car that otherwise sounds brilliant, like in the SLR that had fantastic brakes but supposedly no feel at all.

Unlike the SLR though, the interior of the LFA looks amazing, glad they've gone so far from what the inside of a Lexus normally looks like, without removing the essential values of comfort and luxury.

This could be the ultimate everyday supercar - can't wait for more detailed reviews to start coming in, and more importantly to see the stig behind the wheel :whistling:

You know what I've noticed the Autocar mag appears to be biased towards BMW, some peeps are saying it's the best handling car ever and then you got autocar saying no feel.

I'm not bothered, I just love it in the Matt Black with the red touches e.g interior ans calipers etc, I think the front doesn't look smooth in the white but perfect all around in the Matt Black.

I wonder what other colour options there will be?

Oh and did you know for all 500 that are built, they engine will be built personally by one dedicated engineer team, he's gonna be real busy if they do shift the 20 a month target.

But yeah, personally built, wow

Well they've really gone for exclusivity with that price :crying: but I guess they will not have too much trouble selling them as those petrolheads in the super-rich bracket will have them on order. With a production run limited to only 500 I'm surprised Lexus haven't already identified the potential owners already. Looks like they're trying to recoup a little of the development costs, but they'll still be selling them at a loss.

I see one of the comments was 'I'll have an RS6, a GTR, and a new 911 instead please', (and presumably pocket the change), but the peeps who buy the LF-A will no doubt already have these in their collection anyway.

Oh well, dream on :D

Well they've really gone for exclusivity with that price :crying: but I guess they will not have too much trouble selling them as those petrolheads in the super-rich bracket will have them on order. With a production run limited to only 500 I'm surprised Lexus haven't already identified the potential owners already. Looks like they're trying to recoup a little of the development costs, but they'll still be selling them at a loss.

I see one of the comments was 'I'll have an RS6, a GTR, and a new 911 instead please', (and presumably pocket the change), but the peeps who buy the LF-A will no doubt already have these in their collection anyway.

Oh well, dream on :D

Given the fact it appears from some angles to have taken a lot of the F1 tech and shove it into a road car, they most certainly will be making a loss on these - does seem to be more of a technical exercise as well as an attempt to alter the brand image, so perhaps in the long run it will be a good thing if it raises sales in other areas.

Those comments are always such a joke, hate those morons who have to justify their inability to buy one by making stupid comparisons.......