Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark Levinson Mp3 Dvd

markthecut

Hi there!

I'm havin a massive problem tryin to burn a Mp3 DVD that will actually play on the Mark Levinson audio system.

I have no problem playing a Mp3 CD, but I have tried allsorts of different software to burn a Mp3 DVD, but no matter what I use, I still cannot get the dam thing to play!

I've tried different burn speeds, DVD's......all to no evail!

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Many thanks to all in advance!

Hi there!

I'm havin a massive problem tryin to burn a Mp3 DVD that will actually play on the Mark Levinson audio system.

I have no problem playing a Mp3 CD, but I have tried allsorts of different software to burn a Mp3 DVD, but no matter what I use, I still cannot get the dam thing to play!

Why are you trying to burn an MP3 DVD...? whats it for...? OR are you trying to play a copyed dvd on the levinson CD/DVD in car player..?

Hi there!

Why are you trying to burn an MP3 DVD...? whats it for...? OR are you trying to play a copyed dvd on the levinson CD/DVD in car player..?

A Mp3 DVD would be able to contain approx 1000 tracks, compared to a Mp3 CD which can only hold approx 120 tracks!!!

Hi there!

A Mp3 DVD would be able to contain approx 1000 tracks, compared to a Mp3 CD which can only hold approx 120 tracks!!!

You can't use an mp3 DVD - only CDs containing mp3 tracks will play. I was trying to do the same thing, then I read the manual which clearly states CD mp3 discs only.

Hi there!

You can't use an mp3 DVD - only CDs containing mp3 tracks will play. I was trying to do the same thing, then I read the manual which clearly states CD mp3 discs only.

Yeah...I have seen that too, but the ML plays DVD's & also accepts Mp3 & WMA, so surely there must be a way to burn Mp3's to a DVD.......NO!

• 3 months later...
Hi there!

there is only one solution ,download audio dvd creator .there is a try version ,la , it works fantastic

I think it can read it if you write the audio to the DVD (like a proper CD) but the system cannot read data from an DVD so a load of MP3 files on a DVD will not work whatever software you use.

you wil see it works, audio dvd creator burns 700/800 audio file's on one dvd, you can make your own background.

the program make's á dvd film. it works on every dvd player.

there is also a menu for folders and you can scip forward or back with the buttons on the steringwheel. you also can select songs in the menu by yousing the touchscreen.

I hope sombody has as much pleasure with the program as i do.

• Like 1

you wil see it works, audio dvd creator burns 700/800 audio file's on one dvd, you can make your own background.

the program make's á dvd film. it works on every dvd player.

there is also a menu for folders and you can scip forward or back with the buttons on the steringwheel. you also can select songs in the menu by yousing the touchscreen.

I hope sombody has as much pleasure with the program as i do.

Well it seems everything 'renegade' says about this program is spot on. I've only tried the demo which does have limitations - only the first five tracks of the first five albums are 'burnt' to disc. I did this and put it in the ML DVD system and it plays perfectly.

I'll be investing my $39.95 (£26) in this little beauty of a program and finally enjoy mp3 DVDs in my Lexus. Thanks to 'renegade' for the tip.

• Like 1

Let us know if it works with more than a handful of tracks :) Hopefully it will, but i always thought there was a restriction to the number of tracks the system would recognise. Also, look around for the software, you might get it cheaper or possibly free :o

it works perfectly WOHOO!! i burned a disc at the weekend and even added a pic of the IS250 as the background and it plays great. you do need to have the unit hacked to see the playback on the move tho, but it does work. i am now in the process of burning all my music onto 4 discs!!!!!

great tip, thanks very much!!!!

• 4 months later...

it works perfectly WOHOO!! i burned a disc at the weekend and even added a pic of the IS250 as the background and it plays great. you do need to have the unit hacked to see the playback on the move tho, but it does work. i am now in the process of burning all my music onto 4 discs!!!!!

I can't get it to work, what type of blank DVD media did you use?

Thanks much,

Matt

I can't get it to work, what type of blank DVD media did you use?

Thanks much,

Matt

I've used many different discs either dvd-r or dvd-rw, cheapo Bulkpaq, Aldi's own brand and Imation to name but a few, all work perfectly.

The program itself is not the easiest to use - I would have liked a 'drag and drop' function, but overall it's well worth the money, 25-30 mp3 albums on one dvd is the solution to those of us who don't have the usb port. If you're interested in getting this program, google 'audio dvd creator', a link on the right hand side of the results will give a discount with RegNow.com - currently at 10%.

• 4 years later...

By a very roundabout way using the same software:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

(This is the normal site but not seeing Mac specifically)

By reading the posts above, any DVD authoring software that has a lot of options should be able to do it.

Set many individual "Chapters", each of which plays an MP3. (Will be MP4 once authored)

Each "Title" is a different Album.

Just this program automates it for you.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Glad you managed to get your DVD MP3 disc working in the Lexus. 

I used to have a dvd player in an old car and I would download the music videos off YouTube and covert then to avi files, put all the latest on a DVD and play it in the car for passengers to watch while driving, was pretty cool. 

So my question is, does anyone know how to heck the lexus Mark Levinson system so it plays DVD while the cars in motion? 

Seems like a great feature of the car I never use due to this reason :(

15 hours ago, Mrconwaytwitty said:

Glad you managed to get your DVD MP3 disc working in the Lexus. 

I used to have a dvd player in an old car and I would download the music videos off YouTube and covert then to avi files, put all the latest on a DVD and play it in the car for passengers to watch while driving, was pretty cool. 

So my question is, does anyone know how to heck the lexus Mark Levinson system so it plays DVD while the cars in motion? 

Seems like a great feature of the car I never use due to this reason 😞

Apart from the obvious safety implications, if the Police catch you watching DVD's whilst the vehicle is in motion, you'll get done for dangerous driving!

I take your point bavianni and understand the potential ramifications of my actions but I if had a pound every time someone replied stating the obvious I would be rich. 

I have my reasons and it's not for my viewing pleasure it's for my son, I don't care if its illegal. 

Thank you for your reply I appreciate the input and advice but all the same any answer more specific to to my question would be appreciated. 

I know that if you are that way inclined you can go into asda ( other retailers are available!) and buy a 12" Chefs Knife and use it for the wrong reasons!  So here is a guide to enable the DVD to show visuals while the Handbrake is off and the vehicle is moving.

I don't reccomended doing it but I know people drive at more than 30 MPH in built up areas and that is illegal also! Here it  is and It is a lengthy thread and I would actually read all of it to cover any snags that may have occurred.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/193739-navigation-hack-diy-part-one-enable-dvd-phonebook-and-mp3-folder-while-moving.html

paul m.

7 hours ago, Texas said:

I know that if you are that way inclined you can go into asda ( other retailers are available!) and buy a 12" Chefs Knife and use it for the wrong reasons!  So here is a guide to enable the DVD to show visuals while the Handbrake is off and the vehicle is moving.

I don't reccomended doing it but I know people drive at more than 30 MPH in built up areas and that is illegal also! Here it  is and It is a lengthy thread and I would actually read all of it to cover any snags that may have occurred.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/193739-navigation-hack-diy-part-one-enable-dvd-phonebook-and-mp3-folder-while-moving.html

paul m.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. And yeah I mean I understand its not something people condone or encourage but it's hardly crime of the century, I always take due care and attention while driving. Appreciate the concerns though guys it is noted 🙂

Once again thank Texas / Paul