Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys my boot seams to leak quite badly. Are there any places i should look at first. I am thinking perhaps light seals? The MK3 supra suffer in that area. Any suggestions.

Its is really hard to see when wet outside as my air con has a leak as well and i need the blowers on full blast and even then i only have half a screen to see out of.

Could well be the rubber boot seal itself.

Looks to be in quite good order though. Can't be a common problem judging by the lack of replies

When I had my Series 1 Sport I had the same problem. It was the rubber boot seal that had gone. When I checked the history ( had full printout from new ) it showed that it had been replaced previously when car was about 3 yrs old. Looked in good order but after it was replaced the leak vanished. Just because that was the cause on mine doesn't mean it is the cause on yours....could well be seal on rear light cluster.....esp if you have recently changed a bulb.

Try smearing Vaseline or similar around the seals and spray with water from a hose or pressure washer and it should show if a seal is leaking.

I would've thought the boot seal is the main contender but possibly check that the drain tube from automatic antenna hasn't been knocked out of the plastic vent in the side of the boot. Can't remember where the roof drains are, so maybe have a look that one of those hasn't come adrift.

I would've thought the boot seal is the main contender but possibly check that the drain tube from automatic antenna hasn't been knocked out of the plastic vent in the side of the boot. Can't remember where the roof drains are, so maybe have a look that one of those hasn't come adrift.

Had the lights out yesterday no really obvious leaks visable but sealed up the bolt holes anyway. Checked the boot seal and mainly looks ok apart from a small rust bubble underneath on the drivers side. No hole above but rust normally means water so sealed up this area as well. Good tips on the rood pipes and antenna. I will see if this cures it first if not on to stage two.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links