Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

(yet) Another Lexus Virgin

rudders

Greetings all.

Just became the proud owner of a 2006 RX400h SE-L. Still enjoying the novelty of silence at the traffic lights, compared to the chug of my old 530d.

Not quite enjoying so much the loud rattle from nearside rear suspension, but that will get fixed soon no doubt. Looking forward to experiencing the legendary Lexus reliability. I hope it's not just a myth.

Finally located the mobile DVD player - the manual doesn't tell you to dive under the driver's seat :whistling::yawn:

Pity it can't be hooked into the sound system. Or can it....?

Hi welcome to the site !!

You are right about how quiet the RXs are. I was almost run over by one at Royal Ascot this year because i didn't hear it coming :lol:

I can’t give you much advise on the DVD player, but I’m sure someone on the RX section will be able to help you out.

Best of luck !!

Thanks.

Still getting used to things. Sometimes it's not until you've lost something that you appreciate it.

Sure my 530d was unreliable and the engine was noisy, but there are some things to consider if you read this and are thinking of changing:

- straight line ride was marginally better

- it went round corners better

- ergonomically superior in terms of switch gear

- seat didn't give me back ache

- the reversing light was bright enough in the BMW that I didn't need to open the driver's door to see where I'm going

- front bumper PDC is sorely missed - it's only a matter of time before I hit something in a car park

- also miss the built-in child booster seat - that would be nice option on a Lexus

- the iDrive system on the BMWs is better in terms of voice control and automatic Bluetooth linking - my Motorola L7 needs manual connection every time

- the mirror folding switch is hard to locate - it was much easier on the Renault Laguna!

- the DVD player is so far under the driver's seat that my son has to undo his seat belt to change disks - it should slide on a runner

On the up side - it's not a BMW!!!

If anyone at Lexus wants to offer me a job as ergonomics consultant, I'm bored with computer programming... :)

Welcome to LOC matey, just wanted to comment on a few points above. Your kinda comparing chalk and cheese in comparing a SUV 4x4 type Lexus to a large saloon BMW. I would expect the ride, cornering and reversing visibilty to be better in the beemer.

Front bumber PDC! You have been spoilt. A matter of time till you hit something? Inspires confidence....hope you dont frequent car parks in my area lol. Most people have front bumber PDC that are also called eyes :winky:

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to LOC matey, just wanted to comment on a few points above. Your kinda comparing chalk and cheese in comparing a SUV 4x4 type Lexus to a large saloon BMW. I would expect the ride, cornering and reversing visibilty to be better in the beemer.

Front bumber PDC! You have been spoilt. A matter of time till you hit something? Inspires confidence....hope you dont frequent car parks in my area lol. Most people have front bumber PDC that are also called eyes :winky:

Quite right - I talk tosh a lot of the time. But I stand by the PDC comments - an audible alert would be a great option since the bonnet dips away and I haven't got used to it yet. Also, with the feeble reversing lights and country mud on the camera, an audible alert at the back would be nice too.

Quite right - I talk tosh a lot of the time. But I stand by the PDC comments - an audible alert would be a great option since the bonnet dips away and I haven't got used to it yet. Also, with the feeble reversing lights and country mud on the camera, an audible alert at the back would be nice too.

Rudders, glad you took the comments in the way they were intended mate. It was all said a bit tongue in cheek! Good man.

Catch you soon

Hoops