Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Stereo From The Dashboard / Engine Malfunction Light

Hi there,

So - this is my second post here on this forum :) After some thoughts, I have bought the Lexus IS 200 and now the first problems comes, which needs to be solved. First of all - the CD player does not work (car built in 2000, so, as I realise, it is common for the older stereos to fail). I wonder, if there is a list of "How to" guides available here on the forum? If not, where I could find some information regarding this matter?

The second problem is that the Engine malfunction light has lit up when driving without any other noticable symptoms. The light remains lit after restarting the engine too. Could it be something serious or should I suspect like lambda sensor failure? Anyway, booked the car for the diagnostics in a few days.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Regards,

Jonas

Hi there,

So - this is my second post here on this forum :) After some thoughts, I have bought the Lexus IS 200 and now the first problems comes, which needs to be solved. First of all - the CD player does not work (car built in 2000, so, as I realise, it is common for the older stereos to fail). I wonder, if there is a list of "How to" guides available here on the forum? If not, where I could find some information regarding this matter?

The second problem is that the Engine malfunction light has lit up when driving without any other noticable symptoms. The light remains lit after restarting the engine too. Could it be something serious or should I suspect like lambda sensor failure? Anyway, booked the car for the diagnostics in a few days.

Regards,

Jonas

After i used to intake cleaner to get rid of residue on the throttle body i started the car only to find an engine check light had illuminated. I tried a few little things then as a last resort disconnected the Battery, left it a couple of mins, reconnected and voila! fixed itself... Give it a try, it could save you the cost of the diagnostics report.

The original stereo's come up for sale all the time http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/lexus-is-200-stereo_...=item2556dc72a9

I have one spare but unfortunately couldnt part with it incase i sell the car, i may have to put it back :D

Hi there,

Regards,

Jonas

After i used to intake cleaner to get rid of residue on the throttle body i started the car only to find an engine check light had illuminated. I tried a few little things then as a last resort disconnected the Battery, left it a couple of mins, reconnected and voila! fixed itself... Give it a try, it could save you the cost of the diagnostics report.

The original stereo's come up for sale all the time http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/lexus-is-200-stereo_...=item2556dc72a9

I have one spare but unfortunately couldnt part with it incase i sell the car, i may have to put it back :D

Thank you - probably will follow you guide in case to see, if that helps :) as for the stereo unit - yes, I can find it here locally for ~50 quid, whoever, I am looking for some instructions, how to remove it from the panel - I have a fellow electrician, who might fix the current one :) Thanks!

Hi there

the cd player is easy to remove, i searched on google for "remove CD player IS200" and it brought me to a link on LOC website with a step by step.

If you cant find one try below,

pop the fabric tray out on the dash, check for screws that may need removing. now you need a thin flat head driver slide this under the air vents on the control panel and slide whole unit forward...... that is the trickiest part.

now put your hand under the heated seat/traction control unit, push up to get a firm grip and simply slide towards you....disconnect wires.

You now need to remove 2 bolts from the top of the unit and 2 from the bottom, think there 8mm sockets.

The unit then should come out........Be careful not to scratch your center console with the cd cage, people have said theyre sharp and trust me they are!

Hope this kind of help :)

Thanks Phill

Thanks, Phill. As per your instructions, I was able to find the guides for removing the dash tray and the stereo itself. I will probably try to remove it this weekend - hopefully it will be possible to fix my cd player - would love to save on buying a new one :)

Ok - I had the diagnostics done and it seems that my Bank 1 lambda sensor failed - at least that's the result of diagnostics - will it be the one on the manifold or could it also be the one under the car on the cat? Is it common for oxygen sensors to fail in UK for IS'es? They say that we have bad fuel here in Lithuania and it is said that it is the main reason why they fail here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links