Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Coming Back To The Lexus Marque!

Hi all, I haven't been around here much for the past year or so. Used to have a S/C'ed IS200 which I sold and purchased a Mondeo ST220. Great car, but I feel it doesn't offer me what I want from a car now to be honest. I'm after a bit of executive luxury, without having to buy a wafto-barge, so am thinking of getting an IS250. I test drove one a few years back when I took my IS200 in for a cambelt change at Lexus Reading, so I know it's a nice car to drive.

If I buy one though, I want one with ALL the toys (including the Mark Levinson kit), with a 2.5 petrol engine, autobox. How often do these realistically come up for sale? Can't afford new, so I'm looking second-hand. Am I going to have a long wait on my hands?

Hi all, I haven't been around here much for the past year or so. Used to have a S/C'ed IS200 which I sold and purchased a Mondeo ST220. Great car, but I feel it doesn't offer me what I want from a car now to be honest. I'm after a bit of executive luxury, without having to buy a wafto-barge, so am thinking of getting an IS250. I test drove one a few years back when I took my IS200 in for a cambelt change at Lexus Reading, so I know it's a nice car to drive.

If I buy one though, I want one with ALL the toys (including the Mark Levinson kit), with a 2.5 petrol engine, autobox. How often do these realistically come up for sale? Can't afford new, so I'm looking second-hand. Am I going to have a long wait on my hands?

Mine may be up for sale soon, but not too sure what it's worth tbh. I'll see what the dealer will offer me as a trade in.

Hi mate, how's it going? In terms of toys, looks like you'll want an IS250 SE-L auto with MM - there are tons of these available on the Lexus approved used site so it won't be hard to find one, as long as you don't need ACC (that's a bit rarer)

Hi mate, how's it going? In terms of toys, looks like you'll want an IS250 SE-L auto with MM - there are tons of these available on the Lexus approved used site so it won't be hard to find one, as long as you don't need ACC (that's a bit rarer)

Hi ya - go for it. Got mine a late 2006 SE-L with all the toys INCLUDING the ACC for a tad under 14K. had to do a bit of searching but ended up with one on my doorstep. Best of luck with your search.

Hi ya - go for it. Got mine a late 2006 SE-L with all the toys INCLUDING the ACC for a tad under 14K. had to do a bit of searching but ended up with one on my doorstep. Best of luck with your search.

Wow, now that sounds like kind of deal I'm after. What does ACC stand for?

Adaptive Cruise Control

Adaptive Cruise Control

There are tons of them around mate, you'll find one easy. If you go for the SE-L, it has everything, the adaptive cruise was the only option (other than the auto and MM but most had this fitted) so it won't be hard to strike up a very attractive deal :)

Geia sou Nick the Greek...Agglia briskese? Gia to diesel to skeftese?

Hi Lion, I'm not actually Greek in any way, shape or form :lol: Just a nickname given to me many years ago!

dgman - partial engine rebuilds on the 2.5 petrol? I'll have to search the forums more, the only issue I'm aware of is that the diesels offer crap mpg!

Hi all, I have not been around here much for the past year or so. Used to have a S / C'ed IS200 which I sold and purchased a Mondeo ST220. Great car, but I feel it does not offer me what I want from a car now to be honest. I'm after a bit of executive luxury, without having to buy a wafto-barge, so the thinking of getting an IS250. I test drove one a few years back when I took my IS200 in for a cambelt change at Reading Lexus, so I know it's a nice car to drive.

If I buy one though, I want one with ALL the toys (including the Mark Levinson kit), with a 2.5 petrol engine, autobox. How often do these realistically come up for sale? Can not afford new, so I'm looking second hand. Am I going to have a long wait on my hands [/ quote]

Geia sou Nick the Greek ... Agglia briskese? Gia to diesel to skeftese?

[/ quote]

Hahaha, I asked him the same question. He is not Greek. But you are!!! Where are you from mate?

Hi Lion, I'm not actually Greek in any way, shape or form: lol: Just a nickname given to me many years ago!

dgman - partial rebuilds on the 2.5 petrol engine? I'll have to search the forums more, the only issue I'm aware of is that the diesels offer crap mpg!

[/ Quote]

Hahaha Nik your nickname confuses the Greeks :P

nick,make sure it's a good one,there have been tales on here about partial engine rebuilds.knocking from cold start is the symptom if memory serves.

Is that with the petrol?

parthiban,yes those problems are with the petrol 250,i don't remember who first posted it but tango will remember i am sure not that he had the problem but i recall him being involved in the thread.

nick,make sure it's a good one,there have been tales on here about partial engine rebuilds.knocking from cold start is the symptom if memory serves.

Is that with the petrol?

parthiban,yes those problems are with the petrol 250,i don't remember who first posted it but tango will remember i am sure not that he had the problem but i recall him being involved in the thread.

I never had the problem with mine, but it has been discussed many times e.g. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...eaded&start=

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links