Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can I Swap Standard Seats With Electric? Asap

Hi all, im in need of some quick advice,

Im looking at some electric seats for my is200. however mine are standard non electric seats will the electric seats fit straight in ?

as i can only see the airbag loom coming from the carpet, is there another wire somewhere or what?

thanks, :whistling:

Took my seats out a while ago to vacuum and there where two plugs i had to unplug that where coming up from the carpet under the seat. :)

I think the seat will fit fine. I can measure the distance between my bolts in my car later when i get it back from the garage.

It has been done before, I think some minor wiring was required, but not a huge job. Have a search for the thread, as I think there was quite a bit of detail in it on what was required.

hi mate i can only visually see one wire that is black , its then conected to a yellow wire wich is phisically attatched to the seat, im presuming that this wire is the air bag. what wiring would need to be done then? also estimate a cost for it? lol

just looked at the thread mate, all seems a little confusing without pics but it doesnt seem like that much work to be done. the only thing that bothers me is conecting the electric cable to the positive Battery terminal, what sort of wire should i use to do it?

the earth seems pritty easy to do and a bit of soldering here and there seems ok aswell. but like said what sort of wire shall i use to run through to the Battery (remeber the wire would need a seperate built inline fuse.)