Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Colour Calipers?

hoopdehoop

Howdo all,

Thinking of passing a dry Sunday morning painting my brake calipers as an easy little mod. What colour would look the best on a kodiak sky coloured IS200 (The problem being that depending on the light the car can look silver, champagne, purple, grey)

Want it to look classy rather than sporty but open to suggestions. Im not against red but wondered what else might look good thru the 11 spoke alloys.

Cheers

Hoops

i,ve got a kodiak sky is200. what sort of paint and preperation is needed to paint the calipers ?

Not a lot really, give them a good brushing with a wire brush, clean with a degreaser (washing up liquid essentially), then two coats of hammerite smooth in whatever colour you want.

Stick on your decals, a few coats of lacquer to seal them on and you're done :)

I used Aerosol from B&Q - Plastikote Bright Red. 18 months on, all they need is washing when the car is washed and they look like new. Got the obligatory 'Lexus' stickers on and are also laquered with Plastikote Clear.

Done the same thing on my ST205 too :winky:

• 6 months later...

Should look something like this when done :)

(and possibly better if you're more patient than I was)

277807451.jpg

Hi, where did you get the stickers from? Ive been trying to get this size for a while but no luck. thanks

Hi, where did you get the stickers from? Ive been trying to get this size for a while but no luck. thanks

I got them from on here - send Steve a PM and he should be able to sort you out :)

Dont want nothing to flash!

Black, grey or silver if you want them to be subtle :)

u got to have the curved badges not straight wont look right

Not true at all, no OEM logo is ever curved - it just makes it look fake imho.

brembo_calipers_3color.jpg

can i just say anything will look fake compared to actual brembos so whats the difference lol

curved fit the callipers better in my opinion

Lol fair point - what I actually meant is that all OEM logos are straight. Our merc says "Mercedes Benz" on the calipers straight from the factory and they've done it straight. I was just saying that for it to look as though Lexus put them on themselves (or as close to it as possible) a straight decal does it better.

Each to their own and all that of course though :)

I got them from on here - send Steve a PM and he should be able to sort you out :)

ok, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a blue IS200 and decided to paint the calipers blue as I am going to get my wheels refurbished and painted graphite. Bought the paint from Halfords for £10 and Lexus Decals of eBay for around £5. Then put a clear coat over it to stop the Decals falling of when i wash the car. New to this forum so don't know how to put up pictures but will do soon.