Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I can't work out what this switch is for. It's not an aftermarket one, as it's in its own recess. It's in the driver's footwell, and it's NOT the smart key disable push-button. The switch is a black dial type rheostat with a click on/off. Black and slightly smaller than the instrument lighting rheostat. It's below and to the right of the bonnet/hood release (r/h drive 2001 LS430).

It doesn't seem to affect anything even with the engine running, lights on etc

Anyone know what it is?

Thanks

Mike

have you looked in the drivers manual?

yep .... had it out on the seat while sticking me head under the steering wheel

Mike

Might it be for the volume of the beep omitted by the smart-key system when you try to lock the key in the car?

Could be correct there my 1994 LS400 has the same so could be a model carry over function

There is an on off as well as a volume control as I recall. Mine is loud enough to hear over the range of the RC.

Hmmm intriguing Nitmoi ... if I understand what the guys are saying, this is an alarm that sounds if you have attempted to lock the door with the key inside? I can see how that would work if you use the door-touch locking method, but not if you are using the key as a remote control from some distance away. I must admit the novelty of the door-touch locking is wearing off ;)

Mike