Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Handbrake For Is 250 Automatic

Hi, guys!

Since this is my first automatic car ever, I am not used with the foot "handbrake". Whenever I am on a hill and try to park it, it never stops unless I put the car in P. If I press the handbrake and the car is in N mode, it continues to move backwards. Coming from the manual gearbox, this seems quite odd to me.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi, guys!

Since this is my first automatic car ever, I am not used with the foot "handbrake". Whenever I am on a hill and try to park it, it never stops unless I put the car in P. If I press the handbrake and the car is in N mode, it continues to move backwards. Coming from the manual gearbox, this seems quite odd to me.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine holds very well so suggest you get yours looked at. The anti roll back on mine doesn't work very well on the steeper slopes so I tend to use the parking brake as it's easier to use with an auto than using a conventional handbrake.

If I come to a stop using the conventional footbrake and then release, the car rolls backwards about half a metre before the anti-roll back kicks in, and after 30 seconds or so it releases.