Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought my 5 month old 09 spec IS250SEL from Lexus Wolverhampton in June. Over the last couple of months, drivers seat has been suffering from an annoying creak.

Took it into Lexus Chester today (my nearest and usual Dealer). They told me that there was a 'nut mod' available, and if that wasn't going to sort it, a last resort option would be to get me a new seat under warranty (£3,500 worth apparently!!).

As it turns out, all they had to do was grease the runners. All is great now :D

Car was a little dirty too........they handed it back all nice and gleaming, so saved my a job there too (hoovered inside too). Usual fantastic service from Lexus Chester (have visited a couple of Lexus dealers, and Chester really seem to give that little bit extra - excellent).

I think a lot of creaks/rattles are in fact the noise created by the sudden release of tension between two surfaces. Trouble is we expect that sound to be a sqeak. My son's car had a rattle from the door, and I mean rattle. He just light lubed the mating surfaces of the door rubbers. No more rattles.

Glad they managed to fix it. If it does come back, the seat creak is often due to the locating pins in the seat which are no longer required after installation. These can be easily cut off by the dealer.

Johnny777, how are you finding your 09spec 250sel? I have a pre facelift 07 plate 250sel. Love the car and I think I would consider upgrading to the facelift model. Apart from the seat problem have you suffered from any other squeeks or rattles?

Johnny777, how are you finding your 09spec 250sel? I have a pre facelift 07 plate 250sel. Love the car and I think I would consider upgrading to the facelift model. Apart from the seat problem have you suffered from any other squeeks or rattles?

Absolutely loving the car - it really is fantastic, and other than the creaky seat, i've not suffered any other rattles etc. First auto i've ever owned too, and no regrets.