Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Half Heated Seat?

Honestly cant help you but mine heats up when it wants to so dont worry ha ha.

most probably will be something to do with the wiring tho

Does anyone else's seat only heat half or heats up when it wants (obviously when its turned on)??

pp

Does anyone else's seat only heat half or heats up when it wants (obviously when its turned on)??

pp

They all do that mate- probably a safety mechanism built in to stop burning the seat material and more importantly to stop you from burning your crown jewels :whistling:

yes they are in 2 parts and just couple together before going to the switch. not sure if you can get just a bottom but you can get the whole seat heater pad. just did my back seats and it was not that hard to do but you do need a special pliers and some seat fastenings. tale one hour to remove the seat and fix a new pad.

hope this helps

if not try finding a breakers yard that has your seat and just swap them over

On a similiar note. Are the two switches for the heated seats, for the back of seat and the arse? or is it one switch for drivers seat and one for passenger seat? Not sure ive explained that clearly!? :blush:

Lol, left switch is for passenger seat, right switch for drivers seat :)

On a similiar note. Are the two switches for the heated seats, for the back of seat and the arse? or is it one switch for drivers seat and one for passenger seat? Not sure ive explained that clearly!? :blush:

Lol, left switch is for passenger seat, right switch for drivers seat :)

Thats what i was thinking ...honest!

Its just that the left one heats the drivers side and the right does f... all! :duh:

Its just that the left one heats the drivers side and the right does f... all! :duh:

No worries, sounds like someone swapped the switches round - easy to fix, just pop out the panel and swap the plugs over. As for the seat that isn't working, check the fuses, I think they're in the passenger footwell but check the manual to be sure.

No worries, sounds like someone swapped the switches round - easy to fix, just pop out the panel and swap the plugs over. As for the seat that isn't working, check the fuses, I think they're in the passenger footwell but check the manual to be sure.

Thanks for that mate. One other thing though....both lights on the switches light up. Would this mean the fuse is ok?

just rember to diconect battery for twenty minutes before hand to de charge the air bag and be carful with pre tensioner on selt belt , i know it sounds minour but can be fatal but car electric can be funny when not working properly

Thanks for the heads up on that! I forget the IS has so many airbags.

And thanks for the replys here. Hopefully its just wiring but if not then the seats coming out when the weathers warmer next year (working outside in the rain on a car aint no fun).

Thanks for that mate. One other thing though....both lights on the switches light up. Would this mean the fuse is ok?

I don't think so, it still could be the fuse.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

So since it's winter I one morning discovered that my IS200 had the same problem. The back heats up just fine but the bottom part doesen't. I took your advice and checked the fuses. I found a fuse on the drivers side (left side of the car in my case) that was named SEAT HTR. Now i'm thinking this is the heated seat fuse, but is there really one fuse for two seats? :unsure: Anyway that fuse was ok so i'm out of ideas. Don't really want to go to the dealer as well with this minor problem.

P.S I recently had my sound system upgraded, and i wonder if those quys maybe messed it up.