Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Owned A Fto?

inflames

Has anyone on here every owned a FTO? Just wondering what they are like to live with, as iam considering buying one as i want another fun car!

Whats the MPG like?

Running costs?

manual or triptronic?

a few of my friends have had them and got rid just as quick as they got them i've had a shot of the mivtec or some poop like that(v6)if your idea of getting beat at every set of traffic lights by a honda jazz is fun by all means get one you think the lex is slow the fto is worse!!!!their are more fun cars and faster cars to have for a lot cheaper than what youll pay for a nice fto.

Cheers ormi. I love the looks of them but i havent got round to test driving one yet and from you say thats all there good for the looks. Dont get me wronge i love the lex i just want another 7second and under car. I realy want a scooby but everyone i know who has owned 1 and from the all the forums i go on there know for piston 3 going and requiring a engine re-build?

Cheers ormi. I love the looks of them but i havent got round to test driving one yet and from you say thats all there good for the looks. Dont get me wronge i love the lex i just want another 7second and under car. I realy want a scooby but everyone i know who has owned 1 and from the all the forums i go on there know for piston 3 going and requiring a engine re-build?

i know many people inc my best man at my wedding has had a scooby his had just under 400 bhp and never req a engine rebuild once(daily driver). it depends on how you mod them(getting a bleed valve and upping the boost will kill an engine very fast) and the boy that runs awd one of his customers has a 600 bhp scooby and its a daily driver.the key is to look after the car and it will look after you.

what about a celica gt4 my wee bro has a 450bhp one and its motorbike fast(came from japan with all the mods)

also you could get a skyline for the same type of money.

mr2 turbo....starlet turbo????

Well ormi you just listed some of my faverite cars mate!

I had a mint MR2 mk1 before i got the lex, as i needed a more practical car after me and the missus moved in togther. I was planing on buying a MK2 turbo as a project car once she passes her driving test after 5 tests and iv got her a cheap practical car, so i can have a fun car again. But iam still beign a taxi and she hasnt had any more lesson etc. A GT4 would be good but people are asking far to much for them.

I even considerd another mk1, putting mk2 turbo engine in it or 3L V6.

Saying that i just been on eBay and the GT4's seem to be better priced at the mo, i must have looked when there werent many at good prices. Just seen one which is cheap due head gasket going etc, could be a ideal project??????

Saying that i just been on ebay and the GT4's seem to be better priced at the mo, i must have looked when there werent many at good prices. Just seen one which is cheap due head gasket going etc, could be a ideal project??????

MR2 mate...all the way. Quick off the mark and very very reliable. I would sell my Lex and get one of those if I would've been single.

I was talking to my mate at work who is a honda nut, he surguested that i should save up and get a Integra type R as its got the permance that i would want, its practical and good MPG? But what i found realy weird was i parked next to one the day before and was thinking how nice they are ;) .

But to be honest i think iam going to have to wait for the missus to pass her test before i decide what to do <_< . Maybe il keep the lex as a family car for me and the missus to drive, well after she gets at least 1 yrs NCB first. Then i could have a 7sec car for myself, what i dont know yet??