Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Lpg Conversion Problem Pls Help

probably low compression creeping in because damage is being caused to your exhaust valves by LPG, always affects idle 1st

Sorry to sound a little silly but not very tech minded when it comes to cars........where would the low compression creep in? where would i find the exhaust?

Thanks

If it wasn't misfiring before you took it in then the installer needs tio rectify it. Is it an approved LPG installer with proper certification?

Ask him to fix it or take it out and refund your money, you did pay with a credit card didn't you?

Its Birmingham Autogas near Starcity they are highly recommended and Approved, unfortunately I paid by cash......probably my mistake!

I've even changed where I put my gas from, I now use Shell.

Just woundering if anyone who has had a Lexus IS200 converted has had any problems and if they have how did they rectify it.

Thanks in advance

you may want to sign up to countrywide

http://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/pws/Co...rd=businesshome

my is200 is on LPG, countrywide at the moment is 42.5 pence per litre

the fuel needing going down is normal, the other issue, take it back to the guy

having just read the entire post ignore my last, my car will jerk at exactly 2200 RPM on gas, but on petrol its sweet, you also notice a loss of power, driving on petrol is an absolute pleasure, gas on the other hand, the less said the better.....

you may want to sign up to countrywide

http://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/pws/Co...rd=businesshome

my is200 is on LPG, countrywide at the moment is 42.5 pence per litre

the fuel needing going down is normal, the other issue, take it back to the guy

• 5 weeks later...

hi all just had mine lexus is200 done. and no problems it runs lumpy when cold but tha was expected, when temp is on half i dont know im on gas no differant what so ever, as for the fuel gauge, mines the same but i think i be keeping £5 of petrol in the boot till i run out, had mine converted by www.professautogas.co.uk what a good job and excellent after service. and £1200 all in 1 day... quick and cheap. like lpg...

as for all the rest of the bad points 48p a litre not £1.10 a litre now... the saving is alot.

as for valves burning all valve seats get hot even on petrol.

flashlube is just another way of making money, u need to buy the oil so cost goes up and it will get burned in the pistons so wont touch your valves. do the math. its a brain wash.

if your car is missing maybe the butchers who done the gas didnt drill the injectors in far enough. if he did fix it he wont tell you would he... blame the tool not the workmanship...

morrel of the story, you drive a luxury car, that is awsum on fuel (better than modern diesels) which i am sucked of seeing and changing turbos, knock the trc off and go for a blast in the rain... FUN @ half the price!!!!! :D

• 1 month later...

me too... I am so sorry mate.

will buy you a drink if we meet up, I work in B'ham.

Lol. I used to work there too. Where exactly in Birmingham are working?

i have a mixture of feelings about this thread.

i am sad that the owner have all these problems. i am very happy however that it has complatly changed my mind about converting to LPG.

• 10 months later...

Hi I own an is 200 who has a Stargas with 6 injectors sequential injection system.

It runs ok, sometimes get a misfire, but it ain't that bad.

I have read all your postes and got a little scared.

I live in italy use car every day.

that damned fuel indicator goes down and up when remembers it still has petrol in the tank.....

It has no flash lube, from april o today have done 20000 km.

Have just fitted a K&N air filter, but didn't see much difference besided my wallet.

Have had the timing belt changed together with iddler and tensioner and also the water pump(240 Euro) a robbery...

Was done at a Lexus dealer.

If I knew would have buyed em on eBay, and saved money, all costed me 640 Euro's.

hi lexusis200

new to this forum so be easy :blink:

last week a bought a is200 sport that had been lpgd,thats the only reason i bought it.

when driving it back up from kettering to scotland...i put in gas n drove it all the way up on it...i had the same problem

of driving on gas and the petrol gauge was also going down,the next time i looked it was back up again...done that to me twice now...ur complaining of the same problem so im guessing its normal....

Also u got ur system done by autogas2000...my system was also fitted by thm...really helpfull guys,my system was fitted in 2006 at 57000,its now at 137000 and drives fyn...myn is a tartini system that came with 24 months warranty

my system needs serviced and also the 4 green lights dont show fully when full on gas but the red lights work,so its going for a check up by the autogass2000 recommended installer ere in scotland...after the new year...cant really drive it much coz of the snow.

but yeh you should have been given a warranty..id be on his case...n say to him if ur engine is damaged etc coz of the conversion will tht be covered in the warranty....i would also phone autogass200 in thirsk,north yorkshire the head office asu cud say...n complain n ask them if thats a common issue thyv had,thyv bount to have done plenty of conversions on the is200.

hope tht helps mate

Best wishes to everybody :)

I am running on LPG more than a year now also. The petrol gauge problem is common and there is nothing wrong with it. It is some smart stuff from Lexus, which assumes that the sensor went wrong (if the petrol level stays the same over time), so the then the petrol gauge moves according to the assumed fuel consumptions, despite the fact that the fuel level is always the same. After resetting the ECU, filling some extra petrol or sometimes randomly the gauge gets back to its real value. All we have to do, is to make sure we have some spare petrol in our tanks :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

I'm looking for a new car and know Japanese is the way to go and for a young man, the only Japanese that I can see myself in is the IS200 (Civics r ok... but NAH!) If not IS200, then its an A3 based on parking space availability in london, and long living looks (like golfs, not much changes shape wise so could keep for a decade or so). Any one I get HAS to be able to cope with an LPG conversion, this thread has left me with mixed feeling tho! Overall from everybody's posts and personal experiences, would u guys recommend the conversion or not for Lexus IS200 (Automatic)?

The power is the next issue, cause I want a little performance... what modifications would u guys recommend (if any), and this is ASSUMING they can be done if on LPG conversions!

Thanks in advance

To all those who want to fit LPG to a car which is no newer than 6 years old and not the most generously proportioned, Have you calculated exactly how long it will take you to recoup the cost of the installation before you actually start saving money? If you have bought a large V8 and do lots of miles then it is worth the hassal but on an IS200 it is a bit pointless