Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noises

My 2001 IS200 was making a ticking and whistling sound after its first long run. The ticking sounds like a car cooling down and the whistle was like an air leak. It's the only time I have heard it. I heard the noises whilst stopped with the engine running, revving the car made no change to the sound. The car is new to me and I know its well overdue a service, checked all belts except cam belt so far (which I will do this weekend). The car has 56000 miles on it. Any ideas on what it could be?

have you checked the radiator pal?

The radiator is in good condition. I assumed the ticking was normal after searching old threads here. I had first thought the whistling was the exhaust, but when I started the car the next morning the sound had stopped. I will check fluid levels again tonight. The car will get another good run on Friday so will investigate a little deeper then.

Ok, back from a high speed run and the sound has returned. The ticking is definently the exhaust as suspected so no problems there. But the hissing sound seems to be loudest by the rear passenger side wheel. Is this likely to be a fuel pump problem? The hissing is not loud and there are no other sounds from it.