Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc Error Helppppppppppppp

Hi just had lpg fitted to my car on saturday on my 2004 ls430 and whilst driving on sunday all of a suddentred red triangle warning light came on the middle with a message in the display ERROR VSC something and the traction control light on went off after a while and then on monday yest it came on again and has not gone off since. any ideas what it could be. if any use the Battery did drain was recharged ok. took it to a garage he reset it went off for about 5 hours nowcomeback on again, he mentioned something abouyt oxygen something?? pleae can any 1 help and dealers will sting u my mobi no is 07931123456

Hi just had lpg fitted to my car on saturday on my 2004 ls430 and whilst driving on sunday all of a suddentred red triangle warning light came on the middle with a message in the display ERROR VSC something and the traction control light on went off after a while and then on monday yest it came on again and has not gone off since. any ideas what it could be. if any use the battery did drain was recharged ok. took it to a garage he reset it went off for about 5 hours nowcomeback on again, he mentioned something abouyt oxygen something?? pleae can any 1 help and dealers will sting u my mobi no is 07931123456

Take it back to the lpg installers, they have probably done something with the wireing. They have caused the fault so should sort it out.

Hi just had lpg fitted to my car on saturday on my 2004 ls430 and whilst driving on sunday all of a suddentred red triangle warning light came on the middle with a message in the display ERROR VSC something and the traction control light on went off after a while and then on monday yest it came on again and has not gone off since. any ideas what it could be. if any use the battery did drain was recharged ok. took it to a garage he reset it went off for about 5 hours nowcomeback on again, he mentioned something abouyt oxygen something?? pleae can any 1 help and dealers will sting u my mobi no is 07931123456

well mark i did mention to the fitter he is saying it was okay when he was road testing it but i mentioned that the error message was on not on before the lpg was fitted. any ideas what it could be for my ref?

well mark i did mention to the fitter he is saying it was okay when he was road testing it but i mentioned that the error message was on not on before the lpg was fitted. any ideas what it could be for my ref?

Last time I had this warning it cost £3K. Check VSC. I needed a new ECU and 2 O2 sensors. Your car maybe different though. You have to get the codes read and hope all is ok!!

What type of lpg system have you, does it have its own ecu that piggybacks off the car ecu ( if so thats the place to start)

as suggested get it diagnosed.

Not quite the cash saving venture you had hoped for then?

Only fit LPG if you are keeping the car for 3 years or more or it costs you more than the fuel would have done, especially when the LPG fitters haven't a clue about the cars electrics, they just know how to fit the systems they sell and then dont want to investigate any problems that arise after.....not a wise choice

• 1 year later...

I have just had the same problem with my late husband's car, LS430 2001 - the red warning light came on together with the Error VSC display. Would be grateful for any advice and just hoping that it will not be a costly job.

Sorry to hear you have had troubles with your new LPG system.

There is only one solution and that is to take it back to where the LPG was fitted.

The big problem now with letting other people fiddle arounded with it is that whatever the problem is it wasnt there before and they then start to mess around with things that they would normally head for on a petrol engine and pushing and burying the real problem even deeper

Take it back to them and be firm but friendly.

Good luck Mike

I too had this on my '98 MKIV. However, in my case, it was soon followed by lumpy tickover, lack of power and then a full breakdown.

Turned out to be my alternator not charging.

Try putting a multimeter on your Battery whilst the engine is running and reading the voltage. You should be looking at between 13.8 and 14.7v.

Thanks

Mike

Sorry to hear you have had troubles with your new LPG system.

There is only one solution and that is to take it back to where the LPG was fitted.

The big problem now with letting other people fiddle arounded with it is that whatever the problem is it wasnt there before and they then start to mess around with things that they would normally head for on a petrol engine and pushing and burying the real problem even deeper

Take it back to them and be firm but friendly.

Good luck Mike

The other thing you might like to keep in mind is that if you let someone else tinker with it the people that installed the LPG will say well you have breached the warranty by allowing someone else to try and sort it and refuse to do anything about it.

Regards Mike.