Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player Volume Issue

when I put a cd into the stereo it plays but theres no volume just the track details and the time, and when I turn the volume knob or press the steering wheel volume controls nothing comes up on the screen where the volume level should?

the volume for the radio is fine tho

is there somethin i'm not doin?

when I put a cd into the stereo it plays but theres no volume just the track details and the time, and when I turn the volume knob or press the steering wheel volume controls nothing comes up on the screen where the volume level should?

the volume for the radio is fine tho

is there somethin i'm not doin?

I see from your profile that you have an IS200. Is this still the case as this forum is for the newer IS owners. I am unsure what audio system the older car has so will be unable to assist.

Right sort of CD? I have issues with player not playing CD-RW, only CD-R.

Was it burnt at too high a rate?

Would that stop the volume from working though? Surely it would just show some form of error on screen?

Right sort of CD? I have issues with player not playing CD-RW, only CD-R.

Was it burnt at too high a rate?

Would that stop the volume from working though? Surely it would just show some form of error on screen?

Dunno when it happened in mine it sounded like it should be working but nothing came out. I don't remember seeing an error code.

yeh sorry I have IS250 hire car at the mo while minor repairs are done to mine, its same with normal retail music cds too

Aha. That is very wierd indeed. Have you tried a dvd? If that does not work then the deck must be at fault.

Tried a DVD, the picture plays but still no sound, and no response from use of the actual volume controls

hopefully i'll get my car back soon and have my music back, as the antenna isn't givin the best radio reception either lol, everythin else about the car I like

Tried a DVD, the picture plays but still no sound, and no response from use of the actual volume controls

hopefully i'll get my car back soon and have my music back, as the antenna isn't givin the best radio reception either lol, everythin else about the car I like

I had that problem in my IS250 from new. After a lot of searching Lexus found the problem to be a faulty fibre optic cable between the device in the boot and the radio unit in the facia.

I had that problem in my IS250 from new. After a lot of searching Lexus found the problem to be a faulty fibre optic cable between the device in the boot and the radio unit in the facia.

Now that sounds like a perfect explanation as the DD5.1 soundtrack would only be optical or a coaxial cable. But not sure way the screen visual would effected. Maybe because no sound output is been sent. Who knows.....

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

SOUND SYSTEM PROBLEM - NO SOUND/VOLUME_KNOB_DEAD

I have the same problem with my 2006, IS 220D. The volume knob does nothing e.g. it starts the unit but that's all... it just cannot adjust the volume. I can even hear the DVD player/changer running but no sound comes through the speakers. The same happens with DVD-movie/Navigation/Radio...not even a whisper :crybaby: ...

Anyone sorted out this issue?

Cheers,

Adrian

IT'S ALIVE ! :D

Hope it will last...

The volume-knob/sound-system works again...After parking the car and restarting the engine 6 hours later the bloody thing works again.

I do not have a rational explanation...Last time I turned off/on the engine 4 times and it did not work... WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! :blink:

I will have to mention it to the dealer 4 future reference.

Cheers,

A