Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Alloys Do You Have On Your Ls?

• 4 weeks later...
another question, what about 245/50/17 on the rear and 225/55/17 on the front? rolling radius difference of 0.37%, would this mess up the ABS?

thanks

after sortiung out tyres (i went for 225/55/17 in the end) Turns out the wheels which fit my lexus LS um don't cause the front brakes are too large....awaiting a response atm from the supplier.

another question, what about 245/50/17 on the rear and 225/55/17 on the front? rolling radius difference of 0.37%, would this mess up the ABS?

thanks

after sortiung out tyres (i went for 225/55/17 in the end) Turns out the wheels which fit my lexus LS um don't cause the front brakes are too large....awaiting a response atm from the supplier.

NO, your brakes aren't too large. your wheels are too small.

the confusion is non uk spec cars don't have such big calipers on the front, the suplier will probably use a japanese(celsior) database which will say the wheels fit.

well the reason i say the brakes are too big rather then wheels too small is old wheels are 16" so smaller then current wheels and the wheels fit the archs etc just don't clear the brake caliper, had this with as mondeo and sierra i've owned but they both had brake upgrades (mondeo 2.0 discs/calipers to V6 discs, sierra xr4x4 2.9 discs/calpiers to scorpio cosworth discs/calipers).

Thin spacers should be ok, but I'd be concerned using anything over 1 inch thick - you make need longer wheel studs. It makes sense to buy a wheel that fits without using them.

If it is just to clear the caliper, then use washers between hub and wheel (over the studs) to work out the minimum clearance necessary, then buy spacers of that thickness. I have heard of people filing calipers to get round this problem (never looked at Lexus caliper, so only do it if there is sufficient material), but have never done this myself, but if only a small amount, I would consider doing it.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Ive got DHP wheels and a set of MK1 GS sports wheels with the ten inch rears. I swap between the two cos can't decide which ones I like the best.
hi guys just brought a set of 18s from a gs 300 but didnt have any tyres mine is a mk1 running 205/ 65/15 what size tyres shouls i be fitting to keep running ratios right hope someone can help many thanks.

Hi,

Use the programme on here to work out what you need.

Pete

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html

235/40 x18 are very close.

You can buy here:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html

hi mate thank you for your help it would seem that your tyres size of 235/40/18 is the nearest to mine thanks again mate been a great help regards neil

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm the compny haven't got back to me in a month about thje wheels they falsely told me would fit with no problems, what should i do?

thanks

You should have kept pestering them until they sorted things out. If you leave it till they call, you could be waiting forever.

Get on the phone now - speak to the manager and kick up a fuss. Tell them that their reply to the problem is waited with interest on the Lexus forum. At the very least you should get your money back.

Keep us posted.

Pete

hmmm the compny haven't got back to me in a month about thje wheels they falsely told me would fit with no problems, what should i do?

thanks

You should have kept pestering them until they sorted things out. If you leave it till they call, you could be waiting forever.

Get on the phone now - speak to the manager and kick up a fuss. Tell them that their reply to the problem is waited with interest on the Lexus forum. At the very least you should get your money back.

Keep us posted.

Pete

just fitted a set of 18s from a gs300 with 235/40/18 give the car a porposefull look

Having just got my 95 LS400 the only thing that really lets it down are the standard alloy wheels. As they are not in the best of condition I am wondering either to have them re furbished or put some others on. Has anyone used any other lexus alloys e.g. GS alloys etc or later LS wheels. Which one's fit and what looks best?

Cheers

Ant

Hi. I'm all for enthenticity so when I got my baby, I had the originals, which were shocking, refurbed. Fifty quid a wheel and they still look great when washed.

It also means I can truthfully answer the "any modifications" insurance question with a "no".

I have seen some absolutely garish alloys on LS400's.

On a slight tangent, whilst not being a BMW fan, many of the standard alloys they fit look very good. more so , IMHO, then other manufacturers.

Gave up and bopught soem 5mm spacers off bay, fitted ther wheels yesterday but was dark by time i finished so photo i took came out crap as it's basically my number plate with a hitn fo car behind it :lol:

So if you get wheels/tyres off Alloywheels.com/Rochford tyres hope everythign gores well cause there support/customer service sucks. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links