Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Alloys Do You Have On Your Ls?

Having just got my 95 LS400 the only thing that really lets it down are the standard alloy wheels. As they are not in the best of condition I am wondering either to have them re furbished or put some others on. Has anyone used any other lexus alloys e.g. GS alloys etc or later LS wheels. Which one's fit and what looks best?

Cheers

Ant

Having just got my 95 LS400 the only thing that really lets it down are the standard alloy wheels. As they are not in the best of condition I am wondering either to have them re furbished or put some others on. Has anyone used any other lexus alloys e.g. GS alloys etc or later LS wheels. Which one's fit and what looks best?

Cheers

Ant

I've refurbished mine a few weeks ago, bought a few cans of primer, alloy wheel paint and clear lacquer and half a day later they were like new again :)

Fitted mine with 17" GS300 navagator wheels.....looks much better than the standard edition ones! The 235 tyre width has much improved handling and of course, the offset is correct for the car too! :D

Any pics? :)

One of the many Steve's on this forum used to have an avatar pic of his grey imported LS and his wheels looked fab.

I've not seen it around for ages so dunno if he's still around. I think they were Mazda wheels too, not spokes or crome, just looked the part

My opinion is that any wheel other than standard never seem to look right....the tyre always looks too low of a profile to me....or if you go big...you look like a pimp. :whistling:

YO! YOU DISSIN' MA WHEEEELS BRO? I'LL HAVE TO SET MY HOMMIES ON YOU!

its a 'G' thing

word

out

respect man

:zee:

lexus3.jpg

GS300 nav wheels on my old lady! Still not too sure though. I`m gonna put the tyres up to 50/55 profile soon to fill those arches. BTW, these are 8J wheels, the max width the Mk1 can take without messing around! Runs so nice with these using Federal SS595 tyres. These are probably the 5th set I`ve had on it now. There is something not right with all of those tried. I just hate most of the original LS400 wheels, and it looked nuts with the dished GS300 sport ones!! Hopefully this could turn out to be a good thread with people posting pics of their experiments, as long as the usual opinionated members dont spoil it!!! OOOPS! That must have annoyed one or two of them....here comes the flood....

My opinion is that any wheel other than standard never seem to look right....the tyre always looks too low of a profile to me....or if you go big...you look like a pimp. :whistling:

YO! YOU DISSIN' MA WHEEEELS BRO? I'LL HAVE TO SET MY HOMMIES ON YOU!

its a 'G' thing

word

out

respect man

:zee:

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Love it!

No Diss Mat....{ you have Crew too close to me for that man }....but still say nothing looks quite "right" other than original....DHP style excepted of course...they do look good.

But very interested to be proven wrong....so please keep pics coming lads. :shutit:

Glad this post has stirred up some photos. I was wondering if some of the Mercedes alloys would look good. Some of the S class and E class alloys I think would look good. The multi holed variants-flat faced. The Mercedes badge might be an issue but some replicas without the 3 pointed star. I think they would add some class-that last photo is like the AMG style merc alloys and look great!

Ant

whats involved in fitting supra alloys? what is the offset and PCD for lexus alloys (well LS400 ones)? my mk3 alloys are pretty scabby but there lots of supra alloys on eBay.

and if you upgrade from 16" to 17" would i be right in sayign that you go from 225/60/16 to 245/50/17?

thanks

whats involved in fitting supra alloys? what is the offset and PCD for lexus alloys (well LS400 ones)? my mk3 alloys are pretty scabby but there lots of supra alloys on ebay.

and if you upgrade from 16" to 17" would i be right in sayign that you go from 225/60/16 to 245/50/17?

thanks

I have the IS300 18 alloys which have been refurbed. They suit the car really well. Pic in my profile.

Another thing I would do is to go for 18" with 245/45/18 fitted. The car will tram line more than the standard alloys.

There's loads of alloys out there that will fit. There was a new set on eBay of silver 18inch for £220+postage last week. Nice five spoke design.

Bore is 60.1 with an 114.3 pcd. Offset with these cars cannot be deviated from the recommended 38 to 45. I have found, on my car at least, that a 40 offset is better when the tyre size is 235 or above. Tyre size/offset can be a balancing act to avoid the dreaded tramlining. The offset window narrowing as the tyre size increases. At the moment I have no issues at all with a 40 offset and 235 tyres.