Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Angel Eyes

Did you get any problems with moisture after the installation? I need to open the headlight units to cure the moisture problem i already have so may as well install these lights at the same time as they do look very nice.

10mins at 100 degrees celcius for headlights and about 7mins for fogs in a pre-heated oven worked for me.

That sounded a bit Delia Smith.

That sounds more like it to me, 215 degrees for 15 mins is very bloody hot indeed! Especially when in the video he has fitted the halo lights and the cables hang out the back and he says to put it back in the oven to reseal it like that!! I think i will try this install using your temperature and times. As my headlights already let moisture in i dont expect the sealing glue to be in a great shape so should come apart easier.

If it feels like it's not gonna come it's better to put it back in again for a little longer I found as the grey headlight back softens and bends out of shape if you try to force them apart with a screwdriver etc. Also recommend clear silicon sealant after you've baked them back together. If you find they do mist up a packet of silica is usually a good bet.

i have split 6 sets of lights and i found 120C for about 15 mins was fine - its just enough to soften the sealant, if its not easy to seperate then back in for another 5 mins......... use a oven timer so you dont miss the time!

start at the wide end of the headlight and bend the lens clips out of the way.