Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Egr Pipe Replacement

stevecaldy

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the LOC.( Well your 1st post anyway)

You don't give the year of your LS but I think they are the same for all years.

Below is a link showing the location of the EGR pipe and it's attachment.

The top connection is fairly easy if a little resistricted for space at the rear of the plenum chamber but the B**tard is the bottom connection to the exhaust system as access to the fixing bolts is neigh on impossible without removing several components including I think the catalytic convertor without a "special" spanner.

With this spanner I have been told by a Lexus dealer the job can be done within 30 mins but they wouldn't let me see it, it is I understand a reshaped ring spanner.

As for the part required some people have sucessfully welded the old one up ( check your engine mounts as if worn they can cause the pipe to fracture) or on the link there are the part numbers including the required gaskets,I would imagine this is a dealer only part.

Alternatively buy an import LS Celsior because they have no EGR systems to worry about as it is not required in the JDM. :D

Anyway here's the link

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1994_LEXU...AEPGK_2501.html

I've repaired the egr pipe on my old '93 Ls a few months ago. I can assure you there are no special tools needed. The bottom ones are a bit fiddly but doable with a regular spanner without removing anything. I was able to weld the cracks (2) in the pipe. The entire operation took about 90 minutes. The engine was soooo much quieter. Certainly worth the effort :)

I've repaired the egr pipe on my old '93 Ls a few months ago. I can assure you there are no special tools needed. The bottom ones are a bit fiddly but doable with a regular spanner without removing anything. I was able to weld the cracks (2) in the pipe. The entire operation took about 90 minutes. The engine was soooo much quieter. Certainly worth the effort :)

What I was trying to say was the job is made easier with the modified tool but not impossible without.

BTW just spent 5 days up your way with Scottish Hydro on the Isle of Mull, it would appear Oban is a main Lexus owners centre as saw 5 or 6 various models there perhaps one of them was yours?

What I was trying to say was the job is made easier with the modified tool but not impossible without.

BTW just spent 5 days up your way with Scottish Hydro on the Isle of Mull, it would appear Oban is a main Lexus owners centre as saw 5 or 6 various models there perhaps one of them was yours?

Hi Steve,

Hope you had a good time in wet but lovely Scotland :)

Oban is North-west of me. I stay at the banks of Loch Lomond. I have been to Oban with my Ls but not recently :)

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the LOC.( Well your 1st post anyway)

You don't give the year of your LS but I think they are the same for all years.

Below is a link showing the location of the EGR pipe and it's attachment.

The top connection is fairly easy if a little resistricted for space at the rear of the plenum chamber but the B**tard is the bottom connection to the exhaust system as access to the fixing bolts is neigh on impossible without removing several components including I think the catalytic convertor without a "special" spanner.

With this spanner I have been told by a Lexus dealer the job can be done within 30 mins but they wouldn't let me see it, it is I understand a reshaped ring spanner.

As for the part required some people have sucessfully welded the old one up ( check your engine mounts as if worn they can cause the pipe to fracture) or on the link there are the part numbers including the required gaskets,I would imagine this is a dealer only part.

Alternatively buy an import LS Celsior because they have no EGR systems to worry about as it is not required in the JDM. :D

Anyway here's the link

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1994_LEXU...AEPGK_2501.html

Thanks for the advice. much apreciated

Regards Steve Caldy