Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When Will A New Version Of Sat Nav Dvd For Rx400 Become Available?

Currently running a 2005 version in the RX400, and wanted an update. The dealer said the latest version was 2007, which does seem a bit old, as the Lexus manual suggest annual updates.

Can anyone cast some more light on when a 2009-10 version will become available?

Also I have located the DVD player in the boot, but does not seem to be able to get the current DVD to eject.

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Currently running a 2005 version in the RX400, and wanted an update. The dealer said the latest version was 2007, which does seem a bit old, as the Lexus manula suggest annual updates.

Can anyone cast some more light on whe a 2009-10 version could become available?

Also I have located the DVD player in the boot, but does not seem to be able to get the current DVD to eject.

Any advise would be highly apresiated.

If it's the same system as in my Camry, you need to have the key in the ignition so that the system is powered then slide the eject button and the disc will come out.

I took delivery of a 2009-2010 disc a couple of weeks ago - it was released at the beginning of October.

Take the disc out of your current system and look at the part numbers. Stick these part numbers into the following site and it will tell you if a new disc is available. It will report a 'part number' which ends in the year: eg: PZ485-X03EU-09 is the part number for my new 2009-2010 discs that work in my 55 Reg IS250 (and a 57 Reg RX400h and 06 Reg SC430).

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

At the current exchange rate, the discs are about £149 including postage.

Cheers

Phil

PS: I'm selling my old 2008-2009 discs on the forums - look in the buy/sell section.

• 2 months later...
Sorry, did not read full post. Does it unlock the screen so that destinations can be added whilst on the move.

The new set allows programming of the Satnav whilst on the move.It's a four DVD disc set that covers Europe, North, East, Central and the West one for UK/Spain/France/Italy etc. .

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes new update disc out now, £128+vat though.

But the disk I can see for mine is PZ485-X03EU-10 which looks like it's the 2010 version from the '10' at the end. Does your part number end in '10' or '11'? :-s

Part number of my sat nav upgrade supplied by Lexus Leicester was LPZ445-X03EU-11. I paid £128.46+vat. Hope this helps.

Thanks. As the first part of the number is different perhaps we have different versions of the navigation system? And perhaps the different versions release their updates at different times... I tried the contact form on the update site to check. If I don't hear anything back soon I'll try my dealer too and ask if the part number you have is right for mine :)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, did not read full post. Does it unlock the screen so that destinations can be added whilst on the move.

The new set allows programming of the Satnav whilst on the move.It's a four DVD disc set that covers Europe, North, East, Central and the West one for UK/Spain/France/Italy etc. .

LPZ445-X03EU-11 is now on the map update site so I've now got mine. I was hoping that it would also unlock the audio screen so I or my passenger can tap on a folder of MP3's instead of fumbling with the up/down folder buttons. Sadly this hasn't been unlocked though.