Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Swap 2jz-ge For A 2jz-ge Single Turbo Mk Iv Supra

skylion

Hi Guys,

I know I just bought my IS300 on Monday and out of pure curiosity been looking at future tuning options. My sponsor for my drag racing Skyline GTR (www.teamgtr.com) has a Mk IV Supra 2JZ-GE engine with a Turbo conversion, not the 2JZ-GTE engine. From what I've gathered the 2JZ-GTE isn't a suitable swap for the IS300 as I quote "nothing fits" but how about the 2JZ-GE with a single Turbo conversion? Are the engine mounts etc the same, or will they need to be custom fabricated? Gearbox - I'm guessing Auto is no good?

I'm really tempted to take this engine off his hands, comes with HKS FCON V PRO...as well - please talk me out of it by telling me its not possible!

Cheers

Shah

One of the other more knowledgeable members will have to answer this one I think, there aren't that many tuned IS300s - I can only think of one supercharged IS300 that's on here.

Worth looking on the US site (my.IS) as they've done a lot more with the 300 than over here :)

One of the other more knowledgeable members will have to answer this one I think, there aren't that many tuned IS300s - I can only think of one supercharged IS300 that's on here.

Worth looking on the US site (my.IS) as they've done a lot more with the 300 than over here :)

Thanks - just posted on the http://my.is Forum see what they have to say...

Try also www.isfanatics.com. Regarding the 2JZ-GTE motor you are wrong my friend. The motor fits fine in the IS200 engine bay. The only thing is that you have to change the oil sunk with an IS300 motor (which you have already). In Greece there are already 5 IS200 which have a 2JZ-GTE motor fitted in the engine bay. All them work fine without problems. Here is one of the Greek tuners who performed this installation.

http://www.kontrafouris.gr/veltioseis.htm

Use google translator to read what is written. You can also search in Australia. They are quite a few tuners who have done this mod. But I believe it is much easier and maybe cheaper to turbocharge your IS300. Many many USA members have done it.

Hi Guys,

I know I just bought my IS300 on Monday and out of pure curiosity been looking at future tuning options. My sponsor for my drag racing Skyline GTR (www.teamgtr.com) has a Mk IV Supra 2JZ-GE engine with a Turbo conversion, not the 2JZ-GTE engine. From what I've gathered the 2JZ-GTE isn't a suitable swap for the IS300 as I quote "nothing fits" but how about the 2JZ-GE with a single Turbo conversion? Are the engine mounts etc the same, or will they need to be custom fabricated? Gearbox - I'm guessing Auto is no good?

I'm really tempted to take this engine off his hands, comes with HKS FCON V PRO...as well - please talk me out of it by telling me its not possible!

Cheers

Shah

Put a Skyline unit in.

http://www.c-ysports.com/altezza_r.html

it can be done.....................

Well I can't persuade him to split the engine so I'm looking into SRT Turbo Conversions, but since I'm running an auto box I'll probably end up swapping that for v160 6 Speed. Its a slippery slope and I don't want to get started on another project car!

Here is my other car.. as you can see have plenty of experience with RB26's and although your probably joking around with me.. I'm going to look into it, I can get hold of an RB26 + RB25 RWD Gearbox quite easily :)

P1020177.jpg

Skyline-133.jpg

792WHP @ 2 BAR

Skyline-105.jpg

Won't look like this for much longer going in for a complete respray this weekend.

Cheers :)

• 3 months later...