Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Look For When Buying An Is200

Hi all

Im a newbie when it comes to lexus but have always liked them and now have decided to take the plunge and get myself an is200.Iv seen a nice 2000 w reg auto in black with the se spec and i was wondering if there is anything i should look out for when going to look at it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gary

With these cars the eninge is normaly bullet prove so you should be ok.

What sort of mileage does it have? These cars normaly have what most people call high mileage at the age area your looking at, but this shouldnt be a problem as long as there is plenty of service history and there are members on here who cars have around 200k on the clock.

When the cambelt was done.

Make sure it has a master key, which has 3 buttons.

Apart from that its all the normal checks.

If i have missed anything iam sure someone will let you know.

another thing to check are rear hub bushes as u can't buy lexus ones.

you have to buy the whole hubs which in ireland cost over €600.

u can buy cheaper ones on eBay but i think these are poor quality.

u can also find ones for a different make of car and get them skimmed to fit.

Many thanks to all who replied your advice is greatly appreciated.Im pleased to say that after following your advice i bought the is200 i was looking at and i pick it up friday so as soon as iv cleaned it il post up some pics.It has only done 102.000 miles with full lexus croydon history with bills n reciepts to prove.

Many thanks once again.

Gary

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links