Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Cheap Insurance

PHILLP

Hi All

At the moment im paying £500 full comp, just got my renewal through and suprise suprise its gone upto £750!!

Im abit niffed off as ive just turned 25, no points and 6 years no claims.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good insurance company.

Many thanks pp

I'm with admiral and every year my renewal comes in at pretty much what I paid last year - do a new quote online (which is normally quite a bit cheaper) and then ring up to get them to match it.

They're all the same, just get some other quotes and ring them and the price will come down :)

I believe most renewal quotes are a try on. You can get a better quote from the same company by applying on-line. Best to shop around all others. Insurance costs are pretty hefty these days.

Just got a quote with Adrian Flux £490 unlimited miles, value for 8K and NCB protected....not bad

did u declare any mods? including any factory fitted options? if not, give it a try on Adrian Flux site as u may be pleasently surprised

Just got a quote with Adrian Flux £490 unlimited miles, value for 8K and NCB protected....not bad

did u declare any mods? including any factory fitted options? if not, give it a try on Adrian Flux site as u may be pleasently surprised

Declared all factory fitted mods, other than that everything is standard.

Think im going to go with them as everywhere else seems to try and rip me off

Hi All

At the moment im paying £500 full comp, just got my renewal through and suprise suprise its gone upto £750!!

Im abit niffed off as ive just turned 25, no points and 6 years no claims.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good insurance company.

Many thanks pp

I had the same problem recently.

I’m 26 with 5 NCB, and I went from £450 FC last year and a renewal of £750 this year. First I shopped around and the best I found was £430 FC, but I was still unimpressed with this as it was only £20 cheaper, but that was the best price I could find with the extra covers that I wanted.

When I called my insurance company to see if they could match that price they couldn’t so I had to leave.

I even spoke to the guys at Sky ( the LOC’s sponsors), who have always been really good at competing with prices said that all insurance premiums have raised, and couldn’t match my quote.

Depending on what other things Adrian Flux covers, that quote seems pretty good to me !

try elephant i pay £260 with ncb protected

Are you 25 ?

Try Direct line, my partner has a BMW 316i at the moment and pays £40 per month with 1 years no claims, I pay £60 per month for my IS200 for the 2 of us on the policy, me with 2 years no claims.

That doesn’t seem to be a very good price at all.

That is almost as expensive as PhillP’s renewal quote, which he didn’t want to pay.

Plus Direct Line are a very bad insurance company. If you ever have to use them, they will give you more hassle than what the issue is worth. I’ve heard so many stories of how much problems people have had with them, including myself.

['Stacey5426' post=697672' date='Nov 12 2009, 02:38 PM]Try Direct line, my partner has a BMW 316i at the moment and pays £40 per month with 1 years no claims, I pay £60 per month for my IS200 for the 2 of us on the policy, me with 2 years no claims.

That doesn't seem to be a very good price at all.

That is almost as expensive as PhillP's renewal quote, which he didn't want to pay.

Plus Direct Line are a very bad insurance company. If you ever have to use them, they will give you more hassle than what the issue is worth. I've heard so many stories of how much problems people have had with them, including myself.

It was the best price I could get, partner was 24 when I took the policy out with 1years NC and I was 23 with 2years NC, never had any problems with DL, lost my job few months ago and thus couldnt make a payment, they were very accomodating and put payment on hold for the month and then let me pay it a month later. I know loads of people with them who seem to find them ok. I was with Churchill and then Hastings who were ***** to say the least!!

All other companies I got quotes from were in the region of £900-£1200. I had an accident 3 years ago which doesnt help, plus when I got quotes companies wouldnt insure my partner on the policy for some strange reason.

• 4 weeks later...