Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, i am a new member to the Lexus Group. I have had LS400's for quite a while now, and just got a 2000 model a couple of months ago.

I have 2 problems, as follows.

SATNAV

=====

SatNav system seems to work in terms of operation / selecting addresses, working out a route, and so forth However, when it is running and you are driving along (or stationary), the "positionig" arrow always seems to be jumping around the screen. It shows the roads (roughly where you are), but the ARROW always appears to be 10mm off the track and is constantly turning round in different directions, thus the SatNav keeps re-working out its route. Has anyone seen this before? I was wondering if i just had a dodgy MAP CD installed, but i dont want to spend £160.00 getting the updated version if the ARROW still jumps all over the place because of some other issues.

DOOR MIRROR

==========

Looking for somewhere to get hold of an OFFSIDE door mirror. Not bothered about colour, as i only need the MIRROR GLASS and fixings behind it, as my mirror has smashed. Not paying over £400.00 for a replacement door mirror unit from Lexus.

TIA

John

Hi, i am a new member to the Lexus Group. I have had LS400's for quite a while now, and just got a 2000 model a couple of months ago.

I have 2 problems, as follows.

SATNAV

=====

SatNav system seems to work in terms of operation / selecting addresses, working out a route, and so forth However, when it is running and you are driving along (or stationary), the "positionig" arrow always seems to be jumping around the screen. It shows the roads (roughly where you are), but the ARROW always appears to be 10mm off the track and is constantly turning round in different directions, thus the SatNav keeps re-working out its route. Has anyone seen this before? I was wondering if i just had a dodgy MAP CD installed, but i dont want to spend £160.00 getting the updated version if the ARROW still jumps all over the place because of some other issues.

Hello There,

Welcome to the LOC.

You may need the updated SatNav disc from Lexus depending on the age of the disc you currently have in your car. But if the arrow is moving around while you are stationary, then I'm not so sure. I'm positive someone will be along to help you shortly.

Cheers.

Hi I had a simular problem to this on the woolwich ferry. the car had moved without the wheels turning the poor woman on the sat nav nearly had a nervous breakdown. I think if you are at home & set the home mode on your sat nav you can drag the screen or arrow to get the correct possision. I assume you are running on standard tyres 225/60/16 as a difference in wheel diameter can affect these early sat navs.

hope this helps mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links