Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Legal Advice Needed...

LowRed

Hi Chaps,

Need a little help here.

Basically I got caught going through a Speed Camera at 37mph a month and half ago. I was actually doing 32mph and a knobhead in the lane next to me was touching 40mph. I have not replied to the ticket and heard nothing more from it so far (I'm praying :unsure: )

Then today I've been informed by work that I was caught doing 39mph in a 30 in the Works van. I know this is more than likely correct and have asked for Photographic evidence to prove it.

My fear is I already have 9 points which have been on my License for over 3 years (so one year left) if they do put 3 or 6 points on my license will i be looking at a Ban? I've looked on the net but so far its all very confusing.

Let me know asap Chaps as I am touching cloth without answers :shutit:

LowRed

If you build up 12 or more penalty points within a period of three years, you’ll be liable to be disqualified under the 'totting-up' system but as your 9 pts have been on there over 3 years you should get away with not being disqualified though according to this you could actually end up with 12 just for the 2 speeding as they can now give 6 for each offence if they fancy :shutit:

Speeding etc points count for 3 years & can be removed after 4 years

All points over the last 5 years have to be disclosed to your insurance company

Handy DVLA info here

as above....due to you having the points for over 3 years now you have none!!!so stop panicing when you send your licence away to get the points they might wipe the others off for you.

short answer you'll keep your licence and only have 3 points you will need to tell people about. B) B)

if its a repeated offence, say speeding quite often most forces will offer a driver improvement course instead of the points. You have to pay for the course and possibly the fine but dont think you get the points

Thanks for all the replies guys, think i'll be alright :winky:

It looks like I won't get banned, once the points have been on the license more than 3 years they don't add up to 12 if other points are given

In my case these 3 will just count as 3 (the other 9 will technically be invisible) so I won't lose my License :D

Mucho thanks for all the info Ladies and Gents x