Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Last week had 4 new Dunlops fitted. Had a rear puncture at 50mph in the roadwork section of the M25. Felt something was wrong but put it down to the state of the road (what other car could you drive at 50mph on three tyres and not think there was something wrong) Only realised what had happened when the smell of burning rubber was wafting through the car. Tyre was completely shredded, not sure if it's buckled the wheel, will get it looked at.

Can't praise the rescue fellas enough. Blocked half of the nearside lane (sorry if anyone was caught in the tailback) they were there within 7 minutes, car straight on the trailer, taken to the contractors site where the facilities for breakdown victims were brilliant (tea,coffee, toilets,waiting area, all spotlessly clean, all free.) RAC were there within 10 mins,(just wanted reassurance that no other damage was done) and they changed the wheel and checked everything was OK. Not a nice thing to happen, but thinking about what could have been, am counting our blessings.

update... Wheel not damaged, just a refurb. New tyre and small ammount of damage to trim to be repaired. £200ish.

dscf0077y.jpg

dscf0079v.jpg

Bloody hell!

Glad you are ok, mate. Have you contacted Dunlop and/or tyre suppiler? What do they say about this?

Hi Kam, really my own fault. Probably drove about a mile on the flat tyre, just didn't realise I had a puncture.

Had a similar thing happen on my E36 325 Coupe BMW, although going considerably quicker. I couldn't tell either. A testament to modern car design it would seem. The result may have been different for me had it been the front mind you (not sure if yours was front or rear). Glad you got sorted out quickly and minimised the knock on effect in the road works, doesn't take much to cause massive tailbacks.

Same as, on a BMW 525 1994. 135 km per h in Jeddah. Felt the cats eyes a bit louder and pulled over. Rear flat. Had to remove a whole PA and drumkit from trunk to get the spare. A police man stopped and helped me. It turned out they were clearing the motorway because the King was coming through. That why a Saudi toff phoned a rescue truck to tow me off.

The wheel had a locking nut on and no key with the owner so I had to chisel it off.

Had Glad you got sorted out quickly and minimised the knock on effect in the road works, doesn't take much to cause massive tailbacks.

M25? There in 7 minutes, car on to trailer, and away?

I'd say the tailback was about to the Reigate junction . . .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links