Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions On Sports Grill. And Is This Authentic

You dont have to reposition the horns but its a quick easy mod you may aswell do while you have the grill removed. Think there is a guide in the mods section on how to move them, basically you just unbolt them and lower down is a bracket you can secure them to which is out of sight of the grill. The mounting hole is smaller so you need to find a thinner nut and bolt.

Hmmm looks like the walkthrough guide is not available but the pics in this thread will give you an idea....

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...p;mode=threaded

As the title suggests, i just want some opinions on the sports grill for the is200. and any pics you have of yours.

I have seen these on ebay and they have my car colour (granite sky)are these real. I was expectin to pay a bit more?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-LEXUS-FRONT-...=item27ac77c3f1

Thanks

Joe

That link is actually a Lexus dealership. There are a few different dealers like that that have shops on eBay and will sell left over stock for a good price. You should keep an eye out on those guys, as I remember seeing a new TTE bumper going cheap not that long ago !

Have you tried giving your local lexus dealer a ring, if you do rember to ask for a discount for being a Lexus owenrs club member and they normaly give me 10% off? I got mine straight from my local lexus dealer and paid about the same for it.

Have you tried giving your local lexus dealer a ring, if you do rember to ask for a discount for being a Lexus owenrs club member and they normaly give me 10% off? I got mine straight from my local lexus dealer and paid about the same for it.

That discount is for Gold members only. You are meant to show your Gold Card when asking for discount.

I ordered this grill from Lexus Birmingham couple of weeks ago from the advice of some forum members. It came a few days later and it's an easy job to fit - repositioning the horn is 5 min job as well.

I also went to my Local Lexus Dealer in Orpington and they gave me a list of upgrades for my IS 300, the sports grill was on the list for £47.29 inc VAT.

Part GBNGA-59051-C0 (Astral Black)

Part GBNGA-59051-B0 (Platinum ICE)

Part GBNGA-59051-A1 (Charmonix White)

Part GBNGA-59051-B1 (Granite Sky)

It's worth the money since it comes pre-painted.

Cheers

Shah

Since this topic is about the sports grille I'l post my question here.

I bought the same grille from the link above, got grille 2day and got a set of instructions put its in Japanese!

If any of you guys have fitted the sports grille yourself, what is the easiest way to remove the standard grille? I have undun all the top screws an stuck now! Lol

I bought the same grille from the link above, got grille 2day and got a set of instructions put its in Japanese!

If any of you guys have fitted the sports grille yourself, what is the easiest way to remove the standard grille? I have undun all the top screws an stuck now! Lol

Hi Rez, ive got all the pics for the job, but having problems with hosting from photobucket, hopefully have them up soon.

Hi Rez, ive got all the pics for the job, but having problems with hosting from photobucket, hopefully have them up soon.

cheers for that mate.

i want your alloys for my car! mine is exactly the same as yours without the alloys!

Happy for you, I had a nightmare getting the 3 bottom clips of my grille off,

FYI wheels are just cheap rep's of Kahn RSC, Axe Decorsa is the name of them, wheels are keeping pretty well, the centre caps went all tarnished and left marks on 2 of the wheels, replaced them and they have been easy kept since.

I have just removed my grille in the dark about 5min ago! i can get a good nights sleep now! all i have to do is repositon the horns and put my new grille on :D

Nothing against the Sports Grill except when you see one you have a 99.9% guarantee that the car it is on isn't a sport!

thanks deckie. i am ordering my grill tomorrow so i will be using that.

Rez where are you from in liverpool

am on the other side of the water, Wirral. but i am in liverpool a few times a week like. where abouts in liverpool are you?

just a tip for you, remember to push down the clip and push the grille towards the radiator and you should get it off easily.